The Bold and The Beautiful - Ingo Rademacher Joins B&B! (Preview)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With a character that has 'followed her very wide and open heart' so many times, why Brad would just crash and burn $Brill in about five or six episodes that featured the Brooke's discovery (from what I've read).

After 5 years of building their story, including the illogical Kill re-marriage and Widge's cringe-worthy Stephanie's grave proposal,  I don't get why they just don't extend the separation process and mine it for more material. Sure, Thorne can then come in and be a shoulder, but a Thorne/Brooke/Widge triangle right off bat?  

What's weird about Thorne is that he has no children unlike Brooke's 5 and Widge's 3 (living), so there's no next  generational aspect to the story. And except for Rick, Thorne's bio siblings are all off canvas. He really is an island.   

• Members

Wasn't it rumored back in 1996 that Winsor Harmon was cast as Thorne because Bradley Bell didn't think Jeff Trachta was handsome enough?

Whom would you have cast as Ridge after Ronn Moss left? I asked this before, but wasn't It rumored that Bradley Bell tried to get Peter Reckell as the Ridge recast? 

• Members

Now you are making me miss Ronn Moss who, as cheesy as he was, WAS Ridge! And Ridge was Ronn Moss! BB clearly wants recasts to elevate his atrocious writing but It's not gonna happen, Brad! NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Posting Winsor Harmon's breakout scene from 2004 when Thorne lost it and trashed his basement office. I was going to say that this is WH's Not gonna happen, Rick! moment, but I actually think he was really good here:

• Members

Thorne's battle to be recognized and accepted (and his parents STILL choosing Ridge) is a great, highly underrated 2004 story. It brought up all the issues Thorne had for decades regarding his older brother and is the only story from that year I actually remember! Notice the sarcastic "royal hissy fit" title of the video. Funny how the story and character is pretty much treated by many fans the same way Thorne was treated on the show! WH was never better and I was completely on Thorne's side.

• Members

I love that scene. Winsor was great. The underdog role for Thorne was perfect set against Ridge. Yes, it's a melodramatic performance, but perfect for B&B. They should have had Thorne and Darla take over Spectra from Sally and kept them there as underdog anti-heroes. 

Ingo is going to flop. Watch for it.

And yes, bring back Ronn. 

Archived