frequentsoapfan

Y&R' Star Kristoff St. John Allegedly Threatened to Shoot Himself

28 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

He's had serious issues for awhile now. Hopefully he gets help.

I know he had a bad break up with his long time girlfriend this year to compoud his son's death. But, I assumed he was handling that. Do you have anymore details about what's going in with him? 

Very sad to hear! :( I know the death of your own child is something you never get over,  but it did really seem like Kristoff was coping with it, each passing day....I really hope he recovers, and gets the help he needs.

1 hour ago, juppiter said:

Yikes. I have lost a family member to suicide in the past and you must take these threats 100% literally. Hopefully he can work through this and didn't really mean it. 

I lost a dear friend too. I can't believe he is gone. I hope KSJ realizes there is a lot of people who care for him and share his pain of losing his son.

5 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Yes, of course, I was talking about the past. Now, it's a definite that he will need intensive mental health.

What I have gleaned from others who have dealt with mental illness is that having a structured life often helped many of them feel like they were functional, as opposed to being at loose ends.

His character hasn't had much purpose for awhile now.

I wasn't proposing that he get better storyline now, he has critical health issues to contend with, it's life or death (not job) right now.

I meant in the past.

I understand the need for stability but sometimes his job can be very emotionally taxing. And some of the themes probably hit close to home.

Hopefully he takes some time off to just be with his family and get treatment.

Awful. Hope KSJ can get treatment.

Related: Angelica McDaniel’s (head of cbs daytime) husband works for TMZ. Thatt is suspicious on multiple levels

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Good for her. It really does bother me that TMZ put this out there like this.  Whatever is going on with KSJ, I wish him all the best but it really is a private matter when you think about it.

They've done worse, but this bothers me a lot too. I think because I've watched him for so long and so often. Also because the publicity might make it hard to recover. I'm annoyed at myself for giving them the click.

It's time for TMZ to go down and out of business. they stalk people, make up stories or do the most vile things. when they had pictures of MJ being rushed into the ER the day he died.....I hope she sues regardless, but I get the feeling all they do is pay off celebrities to keep them from following through, Ala Bill O'Reilly. 

They are sick....and my prayers are for KSJ. I hope he gets the emotional help he needs to move forward. emotional and mental illness is a storm that can last for such a long time, and the worst thing is to feel you have no way out bt to take your life. I hope he pulls through...and knows there are alot of people who truly love him and are pulling for him.

^ They pay off medical staff for records. Seems like that should be illegal. I guess proving it is the hard part.

All of this reminds me of Ben Hendrickson, but thankfully with a different result.