frequentsoapfan

Y&R' Star Kristoff St. John Allegedly Threatened to Shoot Himself

3 hours ago, Khan said:

Wait, so the news ISN'T true?  I'm confused.

Maybe some details were wrong, but it's pretty hard to believe they made the whole thing up out of nowhere. I'm guessing they got wind of the 911 call.

Edited by Juliajms

2 hours ago, Juliajms said:

Maybe some details were wrong, but it's pretty hard to believe they made the whole thing up at of nowhere. I'm guessing they got wind of the 911 call.

also angelica mcdanel’s husband works at tmz. somebody wanted this leaked

I feel sick over this.:(

I just saw this on the news and I came here to see if anybody posted it. I love KSJ and don't want him to leave and I wish him peace and much much love.

I hope he knows he has a ton of fans supporting him. FB is loaded with all prayers, good vibes and all want him to get better. I knew of course about his son Julian. I hear the Anniversary of his death is coming up and I believe it's what set Kristoff off.

If somehow Kristoff gets our messages. I have nothing but love, support, prayers and good vibes for him. I want him to be well again.  I can understand how this affected him so deeply, I mean this is his son we are speaking of. He maybe was trying to be too strong and he broke down. That's ok to not be ok for a while but I know he can get better. He is stressed which is understandable.

Sending much love, peace, prayers and good vibes always to Kristoff. <3 <3

19 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

Good...They deserve it.

14 hours ago, juppiter said:

Good for her. Whether true or not this shouldn't have been reported.

Exactly.

22 hours ago, juppiter said:

Yikes. I have lost a family member to suicide in the past and you must take these threats 100% literally. Hopefully he can work through this and didn't really mean it. 

I am really hoping he didn't mean it. Maybe he was just saying it and he was stressed. Either way he has my love and support. I wish to see him well and on our show for a long long time.

Edited by YRestlessfan

Unfortunately, websites like TMZ are indicative of the kind of culture we live in.  No longer are details of celebrities' personal problems kept under wraps out of respect for the persons involved and their loved ones.  Now, it's all about "spilling tea" and whatnot.

TMZ is like a more aggressive version of the Enquirer.  

I once saw a documentary on this history of the National Enquirer (if you ever get a chance...it's a doozy) and what the Enquirer was known for doing was to utilize a form of blackmail against the subjects of their stories.

They would contact the subject of the article and say something like "either you let us interview (or get quotes from) you or we will publish our version of the story, as is.

Some submitted to the demands, some refused.

TMZ has so many people that they can pay off who work as switchboard operators, security guards and clerical employees that they have access.

I agree with others who say that whether or not the story is true (or some part of it), it is not for them to tell. They could do real, lasting damage to a man's mental health in putting all these details out there.

Whether KSJ would want to talk about this in the future (he's shown a willingness to use his creativity to share parts of his life that have been painful--e.g. that documentary he made recently that revealed the sexual abuse he endured as a child at the hands of a cult leader while his family had been a part of that cult), that should've been his prerogative. 

It kind of breaks my heart that this info is coming out now and, from the sounds of things, against KSJ's and his family's wishes. The worst part is, any small mental health issue can tar you in the workplace. Personally, even though what happened with KSJ is scary and frightening, I don't think he is certifiable. He is grieving, in a bad place emotionally. But there is nothing in his actions and demeanour over the years to suggest that KSJ has severe mental issues on a daily basis. He has dealt with so much in his life from the sound of things, but it also sounds like he has been able to work many of those issues out before. 

So I have to ask, do people think Angelica McDaniel passed this info to her husband who leaked it on purpose? If so, why? Why is CBS 'briefing' against an actor who has been a company man for years and always supportive of the show? Do they want him to take a pay-cut? Cut the guarantees in his contract? Force him out altogether? :o

So sorry to hear what Kristoff is going through. From my intern experiences way back when, I can tell you Kristoff is by far the nicest, most welcoming, friendliest person of the entire cast. He was by far my favorite actor to interact with. What a difficult time this must be in his life. Whatever is best for him, whether it be time off from the show,  outpatient or inpatient treatment, I hope he is able to overcome this battle. 

22 minutes ago, Cat said:

It kind of breaks my heart that this info is coming out now and, from the sounds of things, against KSJ's and his family's wishes. The worst part is, any small mental health issue can tar you in the workplace. Personally, even though what happened with KSJ is scary and frightening, I don't think he is certifiable. He is grieving, in a bad place emotionally. But there is nothing in his actions and demeanour over the years to suggest that KSJ has severe mental issues on a daily basis. He has dealt with so much in his life from the sound of things, but it also sounds like he has been able to work many of those issues out before. 

So I have to ask, do people think Angelica McDaniel passed this info to her husband who leaked it on purpose? If so, why? Why is CBS 'briefing' against an actor who has been a company man for years and always supportive of the show? Do they want him to take a pay-cut? Cut the guarantees in his contract? Force him out altogether? :o

They could possibly want him on recurring with little to no fuss. 

24 minutes ago, Cat said:

See, this is my question.  Is he mentally ill, a family trait or is he depressed over his son's death and the anniversary of that death but never really sought the proper help?  

3 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

They could possibly want him on recurring with little to no fuss. 

Which would get their asses sued!

3 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

See, this is my question.  Is he mentally ill, a family trait or is he depressed over his son's death and the anniversary of that death but never really sought the proper help?  

Which would get their asses sued!

...and get blackballed. KSJ would never.