Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd be down for that too. That would be even more scandalous given the tumultuous history between Grace, Sharon, and Nick. Also, Grace already works as a consultant for Newman, so it could work with her and Noah's work relationship transforming into a sexual one. 

Plus, Jennifer Gareis could use some work seeing as Brad Bell has her in the 9th circle of Hell on B&B. Poor woman can't even get screen time when Donna could be so valuable right now. 

• Members

First off, Mariah, Abby, Noah, and Devon should be the 4 primary young adults driving story on this canvas. 

And majority of these characters would be valuable to the canvas right now. The show is called The Young and the Restless, but young people aren't even driving story on this show. 

Chance, Mac, & Ronan need to be brought back and slapped over at Chancellor manor with Jill. It's a shame how that set has disappeared within the last few months, and the Chancellor family is basically moot. Plus, Devon, Mac, and Chance need to be carrying Katherine's legacy on this show. 

Speaking of Devon, I didn't care for Ana and her singing, but if Devon is gonna have a record label, I'd rather watch him try and propel his sister to stardom instead of Tess, who I don't give a f-ck about. 

Ricky should've never been killed. Should he had been a nag for Paul and Christine? Yep. But like Adam, he should've never been some homicidal maniac for cheap thrills. 

Heather should be a primary legal force on this show much like I feel Leslie should. I'd prefer both of them over Michael, but if we must keep Michael, why not have Heather be under the tutelage of Christine while Leslie serves as Michael's newest legal partner? 

Kyle & Keemo should both be on here acting as young variations of Jack. Kyle should be playboy Jack (Terry Lester's version) with him bedding models, making chaos, and always in scandal; he should be a constant screwup and an eternal pain in the a** to all the elder Abbotts. Meanwhile, Keemo should driven and ambitious like Peter Bergman's Jack was in his early years. Seeing as he's been MIA for years, his drive should be trying to appease Jack at all time and prove he is the rightful heir for Jabot causing him to have his screw ups too along with clashing with Ashley (over Jabot) at times too. 

Summer needs to be recast and needs a personality transplant too. I never could stomach righteous Summer. I guess she inherited that from Nick, but I'd prefer her to be jaded and sketchy like Phyllis. 

Now Eden, Daniel, and Fen are 3 characters I could not care to see again. Eden was always garbage regardless the actress. Daniel grew to annoy me around the time he got involved with Amber. I've never invested in Fen as he was a spawn on Michael's, which meant the door would always be open for the other roaches The Baldwin/Fisher clan to return. Once Michael goes, I want that entire chapter to be closed. Hell, even Lauren should forget she ever married him. 

• Members

To support a lot of those legacy characters, a lot of the old guard would need to go (or at least be placed on recurring). Just from a budget and story perspective. I wouldn't mind that at all actually, but for a soap hanging by a thread (and the impossibility of bringing on younger viewers), I see why they've stuck with the tried and true. I think they realistically realize that these shows aren't going to last another 20 years (maybe not even five years), so why bother building up a new generation? Just ride out Eric Braeden until he collapses.

• Members

Agree completely. Both couples were so involving today, even though nothing major happened. The chemistry is there.

Loved how mature and adult Sharon was with Nick, as well as how on the money Nick was about Victor. Devon and Hilary are so easy and natural with each other. That ease is missing when Devon is with Mariah.

• Members

So the Hamilton Winters Group offices are located at GCAC? Have there been other businesses located there?

Maybe I am out of touch with fashion, but WTH was Lily wearing? Those floral short shorts?? Surely they'd be trying to dress her a little older so she might be remotely convincing as the mother of teens?

That scene where Charlie comes home and is so focused on his phone that he isn't aware of Jordan was poorly staged.

Is there a bigger snooze fest than Neil and Devon in a scene together?

I thought Sharon looked good.

• Members

LOL! 

If MY's regime proves to be successful, I'll be more than happy to start watching again.

However, I do not believe for a minute that the current show is SSM's doing and he left it untouched. You can see a definite shift in tone from what the show was like after the LA remote and now. It's two different shows.

As for Beth Maitland, I am happy that MY has called her back. I don't see why SSM and KA would not call her back more frequently if the actress was available.

Archived