More than two daytime soaps surviving on borrowed time?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I think they all are, particularly DOOL and GH. I think Y&R will be canceled before B&B due to the latter's international popularity. It's also undoubtedly cheaper to produce- smaller cast, half hour show. They still do occasional location shoots, so it must be making some level of profit. 

I honestly will be glad to see Y&R go. It's long past it's glory and a cancellation would hopefully mean people can finally start uploading the old episodes to Youtube.

• Webmaster

Loving someone doesn't mean ignoring the facts. GH is doing dreadful numbers in the demos and in viewership. Unlike DAYS, where NBC negotiates a contract and must keep the show on the air through out that time period, GH can be dropped tomorrow and ABC could care less.

• Members

Errol ABC owns GH thats why they dont have an annaul contract. Its cheaper for ABC to produce GH then DAYS for NBC.  They dont have any licensing fees.Jamey Giddens have said ABC is happy with GH. This is Shelly Altmans third year as head writer. Why do u think ABC keeps Shelly and who would u rather have as head writer?

Archived