GH: Soap Vet Cast

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally forgot this piece of JDP trivia. (GH related, I promise!)

In 1998, there was a book released in honor of OLTL's 30th anniversary. In it, JDP talked about how mom when his mom first came to California from Germany, she became a fan of all the ABC soaps--they are a big reason she learned to speak English. As a result, he would often watch them with her, too, and when they would visit the Bay Area, she would often drag Jim along with her so they could both meet them. The specific soap star he mentioned that his mom dragged him to their local mall to meet? Richard Dean Anderson.

So, if he DOES, in fact, play Jeff Webber, I guess that was a moment of foreshadowing for his future! 

• Members

RDA is only 7 years older than JDP and BH looks a good decade younger than she is, I don't see a problem.

I'm happy he's working, only because I like KDP so much. I never thought he was anything special but the Max I know was from long after his most prominent years.

• Members

He'd better not be Max. Look, I get the soap pool has shrunk to the size of a bathtub and soap work is soap work, but OLTL is over. Done. James DePaiva? Fine if he comes to GH but cast him either as a new character or as the aforementioned Dr. Jeff Webber, an actual GH character with history that has been gone long enough to put a new stamp on him.

But FV and ABC and stupid Nathan Varni need to stop with the freaking ABC Super Soap crap.

• Members

I'm the biggest JDP fan ever and I feel the same way. I do feel a ton of guilt about him being on GH, though, if that makes you feel better. I know your fatigue on this issue is pretty damn big.

I'll still dodge tomatoes to defend JDP on the show, though, because I'm selfish and happy to see him again.

Please register in order to view this content

Archived