"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Members

She did - they weren't always great hires, but she did. One hire allegedly led to the infamous "Who Jackie?" meme Norm Macdonald spawned years ago which... I am not linking to, but good luck down that rabbit hole.

And I'm not excusing that awful behavior. She was a terror to deal with. But she also, for better or worse behavior, made the show what it became. Her attention to detail, even her mania over it often helped the legitimacy of the scripts and characters. Until it didn't and became toxic.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

All of this. But especially the return of Season 1-6 Jackie Harris. 

I loved the first episode. Sadly, I could've seen this as just being a one episode wrap-up, without actually going on to a series. I hope they delve deeper into backstory of the past 20 years, including more with Ann-Marie and Chuck, Crystal (she's lookin' kinda kooky now...), and hopefully Nancy and Leon one day. 

I'd also like an explanation of how The Lunchbox went under. That affected four incomes (Roseanne, Jackie, Nancy, Leon). 

It's sad to see the hurt in Lecy and Michael Fishman's expressions. From seeing previous interviews in the past 25 years, you could tell there was a strong bond between Fishman and Roseanne. 

I'll gladly watch The Conners this season, but there is indeed something missing without Roseanne.... At least reruns are back!

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

The thing is, I still love her. I know she's off-balanced and would do well with psychotherapy (my hubby's profession... I'd love for him to diagnose her, haha) but I've always loved her delivery with the way she talks and how there's pain, nostalgia, regret, all behind it. 

• Members

Am I supposed to feel sorry for her?  Because, I don't.

Forget that her tweet was racist.  Slamming Valerie Jarrett's physical appearance at all is something you'd expect a man to do.  Not someone who's supposed to be a feminist.

As an African-American, I accept her apology, but I'm not letting her off the hook, ever.  She's a big girl.  She should've known better than to jeopardize two hundred people's livelihoods with that stupid tweet.  And the fact that she can disappear from public life now and never worry about money again...?  I'm sorry, I'm just all out of [!@#$%^&*] to give her.

What, Jackie can't have TWO love interests?

Fine, but if and when I suggest that adding Brett Butler to the cast will save this show, I don't want to hear a word from you.  Not.  One.  Word.

(Relax, I'm never going to suggest such a thing.)

Edited by Khan