"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was leveling out. I think ratings are close or a little lower than where they were. I haven't paid as close attention lately to the ratings like I was. I think it would have settled into where we are now regardless of Roseanne or no Roseanne.

This

Channing? I think she recognized she was out of place (I don't mean that negatively, or against her, just that sometimes a job isn't the right fit for someone and there's nothing wrong with that) and the network has struggled already under her, I think she saw the getting was good and she left. She wants to be in production. She's well liked but the job wasn't for her, and that's OK. At least that's how I'm reading it all.

I just find the timing a bit interesting and the fact that they had somebody pretty much ready to assume her job so quickly leads me to think there's a tiny bit more going on here.

And a blunder she made? Cancelling Last Man Standing. I know a lot goes into these calls but it was a clear, clear mistake. I knew it the second it happened. They were waiting for a reason to fire Roseanne, IMHO and she quickly gave them one. Channing never seemed to feel 100% towards Roseanne. And I don't blame her for not being. She knew what Roseanne would bring, I'm sure. Anyway, I think whoever was in charge would of had to fire Roseanne.

ABC is meh. Sunday's are struggling. DWTS is aging and down on Mondays. Tuesday comedies are doing OK, I guess. Wednesday comedies are a mixed bag. This Is Us's rip-off isn't doing great and neither is The Rookie. Thursday is mixed and Friday isn't doing so hot, but it's Friday. But to be fair, I think we're in a different time where ratings are concerned. They aren't the full story anymore.

I'm not saying they saw a problem with her but I think she saw where it was going, personally. Channing's a smart, smart woman.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

DJ, his wife (whatever her name is) and the seldom seen kid are not neeeded

Dan, Jackie, Darlene, Becky and the kids are plenty to base stories around. And that is who they've been using anyway.

Michael Fishman, poor thing, is completely out of his depth and the  annoying sassy Christian wife is being shoe horned in. 

Drop them...

Edited by Paul Raven