dragonflies

"The Conners" Discussion Thread

Some of those cmments on how roseanne made them all and they back-stabbed her. Utter BS. Roseanne brought this on herself

Edited by John

Sara Gilbert was MVP last season, but something’s off about her this year IMO. Particularly with the timing and delivery, She’s not as natural or comfortable. Lecy OTOH has really stepped up.

Edited by Costello

I think they're both quite solid tbh. Hopefully the renewal and the freedom of time will give them space to dig deeper into Geena, D.J., etc.

6 hours ago, Bright Eyes said:

Lecy's Becky was my favourite character so to see her rejuvenated and become the best part of the show feels so gratifying. 

Agreed so much.

And I'm so happy it's coming back (I can't see them not working everything out). It was a no-brainer.

Edited by KMan101

I love that Lecy's worked off the acting rust.. and has become a pro at deadpan comedy delivery.  I always felt Becky got the shaft starting in season 5 (yes, Lecy left for college.. but even during her return in season 8... the show still didn't utilize her at all).  

With that said, it is still a little weird not having Roseanne there delivering a wisecrack.. but I think in season 2.. it won't feel so weird (stages of grief I guess LOL)

At least it seems (per TMZ) the split pre-dates the show's return, so it's not a 'I'm a star again' thing.

Peter Gallagher is a silver fox :wub: 

Pretty good episode last night, Jackie was written perfectly. I'd rather see her with PG's character than MB's 

I like that their Christmas tree and decorations are still up, haha. I don't know if it's because they're airing these out of order of how they filmed them, or if they're just subtly saying the family is too lazy to take it all down right away. 

On 1/9/2019 at 11:18 AM, dragonflies said:

Peter Gallagher is a silver fox :wub: 

Pretty good episode last night, Jackie was written perfectly. I'd rather see her with PG's character than MB's 

Me too. His initial scenes with Dan were great. Some of the funniest of the series, imo.