• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I saw Halloween and that makes me happy

Please register in order to view this content

I will be watching the script writers for these episodes since they could one day become creators of their own shows (season 1 of Roseanne alone had the creators of Home Improvement and Mad about You as their script writers... plus Joss Wheldon and Amy Sherman Palladino later on).  

• Members

I thought that tonight's episode was good. IMO, It didn't have that bit of an empty void that last week's episode did without Roseanne. I thought that there were several interesting things going on with multiple characters. I really enjoyed Darlene tonight. It was a touching moment when David asked her how she was faring since Roseanne had died. I also enjoyed her interaction/chemistry with Justin Long. I wonder if he will stick around as her new love interest. I hadn't seen anything about him spoiled prior to tonight's episode. I also understood her anger towards Blue, especially in regards to Harris. Speaking of the development with Harris, I wonder if

Please register in order to view this content

I also thought it was interesting that DJ's wife didn't seem to care for David. She definitely has a bit of a no nonsense attitude. I did like that she supported Darlene. And I liked seeing Becky work with Dan, though I do believe that her drinking will get worse. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Sara and Lecy were both very good this week, as was Galecki - the end stuff clearly means the David/Darlene/Blue/Justin Long quad is not over, IMO. The Jackie stuff was also very Jackie without being too goofy. Emma Kenney is finally finding a groove as well - I liked the car scene, and Darlene contrasting her parenting with Roseanne's both in word and action. It all clicked. (Also, Mark lipsyncing in the back cracked me up for some reason.)

Loved seeing Dan with both David and Becky more. Those relationships are important and haven't been serviced in a long time.

Like many, I also want more Geena. But really, the show and characters aren't missing a beat tonally from the original series - it's all the same stuff, issues, family material, just with a different configuration of leads. It's actually impressive.

Is Becky wearing Mark's ring around her neck?

• Members

In terms of my "kooky" reference of Crystal today, I meant the actress looks kinda goofy. She never had the best posture or stance, but now she's hunched over and sporting a bad wig. 

Re: Darlene crying. Yeah, her eyes well up with tears pretty much every episode.  Shallow side note - I think it'd do Sara Gilbert wonders to get fillers under her eyes. 

Edited by Gray Bunny