"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I honestly sometimes can't tell if Roseanne is exactly pro-Trump or if she's just trolling people.

Even before Trump, she was talking about how the 'Left' took things too far where they enabled the current social climate to be too "politically correct" where everything is taken too seriously - I think that's what pissing her off the most. I don't know if I'd ever call her a right-wing Conservative.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Oh, I think she means it. I also think her recent public appearances have indicated a fair amount of embarrassment mixed with stubborn old person pride. Both Kimmel and John Goodman roasted her on it and she barely fought back. She even urged people to vote him out if they wanted. I think/hope the reunited cast and crew have had an effect on her.

And yes, I do think it was borne out of a frustration with 'political correctness' with her - and too many other people like her, who the right radicalized from the far left when their privilege was threatened. Some can be won back, some can't. No amount of political correctness can excuse her vote or her behavior, but it is a trend we see again and again. Alienation in a changing world makes some people easy pickings when they can't adjust.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I was reading Roseanne's wiki and saw this:

At 16, Barr was hit by a car; the incident left her with a traumatic brain injury.[7] Her behavior changed so radically that she was institutionalized for eight months at Utah State Hospital.[9] While institutionalized she had a baby, which she placed through adoption.[10]

I had no idea she went through that. How awful.

I expect the show to be good. I look forward to it.

• Members

Yeah, they told her they were going to run the story without her permission if she didn't grant them an exclusive interview with her daughter. Roseanne was new to Hollywood at that time, and clearly didn't know how to deal with a lot of that attention. 

Edited by BetterForgotten