"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Mark's teacher reminds me of M(r?)s. Crane from, what was it, the first episode where Darlene barks like a dog? I've watched every episode a gazillion times I should know this ... I believe this teacher is younger but the resemblance is interesting. Probably not intentional but maybe it was.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It was weird seeing Darlene and Becky hug in that trailer - that would've never happened with they were teens, lol. 

I think they're going to have to soften Darlene's character a bit in this reboot, as she's now an established mother of two. Darlene arguably had the most charter development/progression in the original series, so it would make sense to me. 

• Members

I have a feeling Darlene in this reboot will be a lot more like how Sara Gilbert is in real life.. as opposed to how Darlene in the original series was like a complete 180 from Sara Gilbert in real life..imho.

Here are some early reviews...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/roseanne-review-abc-revival-almost-125716288.html

https://www.courierpostonline.com/story/life/tv/2018/03/09/review-new-roseanne-exactly-what-youd-expect-better-worse/406578002/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2018/03/09/roseanne-season-10-review-john-goodman-roseanne-barr-conner-abc/#3acdf0f010c8

• Members

I wonder how much of a platform The Talk will provide for Roseanne given that it’s on a different network. Granted, talk shows promote series on competing networks all the time, but it will be interesting to watch. I’m sure Sara Gilbert won’t miss doing The View.

Darlene was something of a dour wisecracker if I remember. SG comes across as somewhat cerebral and dry on The Talk (not that it’s a bad thing - I think she really tells it like it is while seeing both sides of an issue).

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Apparently this is the new opening intro

It's a little 'rough' but I like they're back at the table

Please register in order to view this content

The chicken shirt is now forever immortalized in the opening credits.

Maybe not the final cut because wouldn't the cast names be there too?

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I hear the first episode - the Trump v. Hillary/Roseanne v. Jackie bout we're all dreading - is very broad in how it handles the issue. Then other folks say no, it boils down to the old Roseanne/Jackie sibling conflict, which would be nice if it's true. I don't know. To be honest a lot of new socially relevant sitcoms these days are very broad or earnest, and Roseanne never shied away from those occasionally artificial 'you go girl' moments, even in some of its better years. The new One Day at a Time is often both broad and earnest at times - and though I used to hate it, I don't mind broad right now if it has something more substantive behind it and a good heart. If they can manage that with this revival, and the reviews so far seem straight down the middle on the early episodes, then we'll see. I hope so.