"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

As they should be. LOL. I never took it seriously and it's been funny to see articles on the show so focused on Dan being dead.

I wonder if the EW article (which I have and read) with the blurb on Jackie being childless could mean they kill Andy off? Though I know they deal with Mark/Glenn Quinn so maybe it would be too much.

I'd be surprised if they just pretended Andy didn't exist. Jerry still exists. They only reference him, from what Roseanne implied it doesn't seem we see him, but I suppose we could.

There's only so much they can do in 9 episodes though. I'm glad they're bringing back as many recurring guest stars as they are.

I also don't know if I buy Jackie as a life coach. But then I think about it some and they could spin it and make it funny and it could work. I could see Jackie thinking she's an excellent coach at life when her own life has been a mess.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

The county that the show originally took place in (Fulton County, Illinois) was democratic in their voting, especially for president until the 2016 election where over 60 percent voted for Trump for president... given the blue collar nature of the show.. it makes sense to have them vote for Trump over Hilary.  

• Members

She worked at the Lobo, though we never saw her in action. 

I can buy Roseanne Conner voting Trump in 2016. The character is now in her 60's, still lower-middle class in a small town. Classic story these days. 

Personally, I've seen my dad go from voting for Bush Sr. in '88 to Clinton in '92; Obama in '08 to Romney in '12. 

I'm willing to see where this goes, and I won't vilify Roseanne Conner, the character, or Roseanne Barr, the actress just yet. 

• Members

I was going to post this same thing a few days ago but didn't know how to really word it. So much emphasis on Dan being alive and "brought back from the dead" when that's not really the rewrite here at all. If this show is to be set in Roseanne Conner's fictional world, then the only real rewrite is the lottery win. Everything else existed in her "real" world.