DAYS: Casting teaser update: Final 4 candidates...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oooh, Duffy as Bill? I'd take that. Though I liked John Martin in the role. I can't believe they didn't keep him around and I wish they'd use Laura a lot more.

Marie should have been used in Eric's priest story, and she should have been brought back in 2006 when Nick was introduced ...

So many characters that could/should be on the canvas. Like we had nearly a decade of St. Daniel Jonas but that should of been Mike on the canvas.

Pretty sure it's Fairchild though. I'll take her. I wouldn't mind Mills but I think Mills was like Joan and not that fond of the daytime grind, even though I think she more or less liked her time at GH.

I agree about a name and pulling in ratings. The soaps are past that point. The ratings are what they are. They'll fluctuate and probably go down but to see significant rises? I doubt it. For anyone. Fans that were lost aren't going to flock to see Morgan Fairchild. Or even Alison Sweeney. She may bump them a tad but it won't be significant. We're past that point. Even primetime ratings are pitiful compared to what they used to be. DVR usage tells the story.

• Members

Maree Cheatham would be a great addition to the recurring cast as Sister Marie.

"Maggie, I still don't understand how you could go from my brother Mickey to that KIRIAKIS man...."

" Jennifer, Lucas, your sons were both with that JEZEBEL  that killed my Nicky---there's forgive and forget, but COME ON!!!!  Nicky loved Will and JJ..."

• Members

For real. It's crazy looking at the primetime numbers nowadays. For instance, ABC's American Crime doesn't even pull in 2 million viewers live on a Sunday night. Compare that to just 6 years ago when Brothers & Sisters was cancelled for a season that averaged 8 million and had a series low of 5.7 million (though those B&S numbers might include DVR+3 or +7 day tallying). Still, it's insane to see such small numbers on network TV. ABC is the pits, FOX only has Empire (which has lost half its viewership), and CW is... the CW. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

MORGAN FAIRCHILD OR DONNA MILLS TO DEBUT NEXT MONTH ON "DAYS OF OUR LIVES"...

Please register in order to view this content

"Days of Our Lives" fans will welcome one of these actresses to the canvas in June. Will it be Morgan Fairchild or Donna Mills?

• Members

I hope it's Morgan. I love watching her face now. There's always something exciting and new about it. 

It's just too bad DAYS doesn't shellac Vaseline over their lenses like GH does for their high-definition. It makes viewers (well, me) feel like our vision's going bad, but at least it hides the fine lines on the actors. 

• Members

Doesn't help either that people get longevity in streaming shows than they do network shows. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc. draw more attraction than network shows b/c they aren't so quick to pull the plug on shows and it's cheaper to just watch streaming shows. 

That aside, whether it is Donna or Morgan, do people think they'll be brought on as a character from the past or a new character? I think at this stage in the game, DAYS needs to steer from new characters b/c they rarely resonate with the audience. 

• Members

It is Morgan Fairchild. It has already been spoiled. She has been brought in for ratings and is short term. She is probably no longer taping since Days shoots so far ahead. She will air in June and is Tripp's grandmother and Ava's mother.

Archived