DAYS: Casting teaser update: Final 4 candidates...

• Members

JOAN COLLINS, PATRICK DUFFY, MORGAN FAIRCHILD, DONNA MILLS...WHICH ONE OF THESE ACTING VETS WILL APPEAR ON "DAYS OF OUR LIVES" THIS SUMMER??

Please register in order to view this content

"Days of Our Lives" fans will be welcoming one of these acting vets to the show, and it's not just for a cameo appearance.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

with Donna's recent run on GH i think she'd be the best fit. Didn't Ron create her character? I could see him convincing her to come aboard at Days. I'd love to see her be a rival for Marlena somehow. As much as I would like to see Joan Collins, didn't she think the pace of GL was too much? I can't imagine she'd go back to daytime. 

• Members

I would think it's Morgan as well. She has been in a weird space, career wise, for a long time - occasional guest shots and lots of independent/straight to video work and theatre in places like Kansas. She's definitely aged in the last decade as well. Going to DAYS will be good for her.

Dame Joan did say she found the pace of GL (and this was 2002 GL) exhausting and didn't allow for much of a social life and time to promote a novel she'd written - she was still great on GL. She spends way too much time in London and the South of France to do a US daytime soap. I think she'd be open to doing a UK soap if the deal was right. 

We know Duffy and Mills are both game to work in daytime. And both did good work. 

• Members

The last thing Morgan did that would be considered 'high profile' was a guest shot on Hot in Cleveland in 2014. This is her on OWN's Where Are They Now? from 2015:

Joan was great on GL. Ron Raines was definitely the one she was closest to - he's spoken about Joan for interviews in things like Intimate Portrait. She also got along with Crystal Chappell and Grant Aleksander well too. I don't think Joan shared a scene with Kim Zimmer, it would have been interesting to see.

Duffy sure was on B&B, he played Brooke's father.

Donna should have been the Gloria recast on Y&R after JVA quit - but since JVA apparently quit because of LML, it's doubtful Donna would have wanted to be there. 

• Members

Taking the role of Chandler's mom was the smartest thing Morgan ever did for her career. It is the kind of part that gives an audience a reference point forever - anyone who saw Friends throughout the world will know her as Chandler's mom.

She's 67 and has hit that point where Hollywood is Siberia. Too old to be cast in anything, yet still too young for most of the grandmother parts. 

• Members

I'm telling y'all. It's Morgan aka the chick from The City but best remembered as Jennifer on Search.  Carlivati loves former soap queens.  He's already done Donna Mills. She ain't showing up on Days with no wardrobe budget and dreadful lighting.  Joan Collins? Isn't she a permanent installment at the wax museum. I mean seriously.  She's not video taping another soap. Corday doesn't get excited by male former stars. No Duffy.  Neither does Carlivati.  He likes those 80s drag dames.  Morgan tis!

• Members

I think Raven's right. I saw a thread on another board where it was discussed way back in February that Morgan might be joining Days. One person shared the following (scroll down):

"The soap is looking for a sophisticated beauty in her mid-50s or 60s to fill the role [of Evangeline]. The character is described as a powerful, charming, sometimes ruthless businesswoman and will first air this summer."

Archived