Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I tend to agree. Unpopular opinion around here but i like Abby and MO. And even I would have a hard time giving a darn about her dating an unconnected newbie. Now, if the the characters were connected to canvas, I'd pay more attention. Recasts Chance, Scott, Nate, Fen would be more interesting. 

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe Sally is following the Marland edict of not writing off mass amounts of characters for her first six months as headwriter.

In the old days, shows would have parties and balls in order to mix up the cast and get them outside their story bubbles and would allow writers and showrunners to see who clicked and didnt click.

However, we need all the characters to share the screen suring this first six months..to give the writers an idea of who to keep and who to write off.

For me..Kevin, Chloe, and Gloria should go.  Michael was a character on the show for years before his family came on..and i think his family is dragging him down..imho.

At the same time, it seems like Sally is doing lots of starts and stops to stories.  The Fenmore/jabot merger...why arent we seeing conflicts and headaches of trying to combine resources?  Its almost like its been dropped (or being played off screen).   Maybe Kay alden should show Sally the newman takeover story she wrote in the late 90s...that included most of the cast... and the payoff was the abbots regaining Jabot from Victor.

The problem with most soaps nowadayd arent the plots...but the fact there is no long term fallout.  Its almist like a hamster wheel or rinse and repeat..imho

Hilary and devon have hardly been on..and the impact of their story has been lost once they get more focus..imho

• Members

Aww, you're just saying that because you know I suggested Mariah hook up with Fen.

Please register in order to view this content

You know Y&R always looks at my suggestions and changes it a little.

My guess would be Mariah and Scott too. Summer's M.I.A. anyway, so the idea of a Fen and Mariah pairing causing tension between Summer, Mariah and Fen wouldn't happen at this point, I guess.

• Members

LIP is still filming so that would explain her absence. And, yes, as I've been screaming for more than a year - for a show that is 'young' - it had only one man under 40 (Bryton) - GR/JT turned during past couple of months. And yet no less than 7(!) women under 37 - with EH being the oldest and looking far younger than her age. 

• Members

WTF with Lauren and the kidnapping of Scotty storyline?  I know she's supposed to look emotionally strung out but she looks like a 50 year old prostitute after a night of gang bangs.  The scraggly hair, the puffy face, she's a mess.  OTOH her gay friend Michael looks great.  New haircut and color and bursting with energy.  Same for Kevin, they could both be on the cover of Men's Health.

So chick's now official I guess after they had sex.  I agree with Darn that it was kind of a lackluster sex scene.  No passion and kind of in slo mo.  I wonder if Sharon is going to start stalking them.  I kind of got that vibe in the scene at the ranch with Nikki and Faith when she found out Nick and Chelsea were having a sleepover.  She got that look on her face like maybe she was feeling a certain way about things.  And then she showed up at Chelsea's with Faith, she might be getting ready to go off the rails again.

Not sure how to feel about Ashley and young Jeff Goldblum.  He's kind of hot but she has to be at least 30 years older than him. 

• Members

I saw the heat and passion on NYE, I thought it was sweet and touching, especially the ring part

Sharon holding Christian still creeps me out but I love how SSM is writing Sharon!

• Members

It was another hot mess storyline by Sally Sussman. What was the purpose of it? Why was Scotty not wanting to go with Gay Kevin? The conclusion was so badly done without any drama at all. Makes me wonder why Lauren was so hysterical when nothing happened. Sally Sussman went through 2 storylines for Lauren in less than a month. Neither one was any good and just a waste of the viewers time.

Don't get me started on horrid pairing of Chelsea and Nick....just awful!

• Members

Having Scott as this hot shot journalist and Lauren saying she has always been worried about the danger he puts himself in doesnt work because it has never been mentioned.

Lauren's hysterics dont ring true.

Maybe if Scott had been a writer/journalist who decided to enter a war zone for the first time, as a chance to make a name for himself or some other circumstance/opportunity, then Lauren would have been shocked as it was totally new to her and would have made more sense to viewers.

BTW loved Dramatist Dreamers interpretation of the Fenmore business story.Hope you will contribute some more ideas.

Archived