Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's fine, they give him really awful/insubstantial dialogue. "Wow Lily/Hillary you're looking gorgeous! Where is my camera lens?". That is about all he's said in however many episodes he's been in.

• Members

Thank goodness I read preview for today to spare me. Really, Cane? Bro-hug? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Cane & Ashley have an Asia deal prior to ED leaving for DAYS? I swear they did. I remember thinking that there was a nice vibe between DG/ED before she was 'traded' to DAYS. If I'm right, then shame on the writers. If I'm not, shame on the writers for reducing Cane to Billy.

• Members

So far Sally Sussman's reign has been like a microwavable tv dinner for me. A bland mediocre reminder of what an actual home cooked meal could taste like, but still no dice. She's got good ideas, excellent characterization but the story execution is heavy handed, dated, and downright horrible in some cases.

I LOVE that they have given Mishael Morgan and Bryton James some meat. I hate that something as stupid as Hillary tripping Mariah and letting Devon forget about it was the catalyst for all of this drama but I'm willing to go with it. I'm kind of hoping they actually pull the trigger on the divorce because the truly great couples need to be separated for a minute

If I have to watch Lily and Cane screw on the Brash and Sassy office couch or in their living room one more gotdamn time....long faced valley girl has a great body though

Please register in order to view this content

I actually like where they're going with them character wise especially with Cane desperate to make something for himself business wise. Together they're just horrible though and I don't understand why they and Billy and Victoria keep getting shoved down our throats 24/7.

Speaking of, poor Jason Thompson stuck with that albatross Amelia Heinle. He had a great thing going with Gina Tognoni and Philly but of course Pratt ran through that like a monster truck. Amelia Heinle has the charisma of drywall but we all know this. Jason and the great kid they got playing Reed deserve better than having to do all the heavy lifting in selling Victoria and Billy as some great loves. They literally wrote a scene of Billy telling Vicki they have great chemistry and my only thought was

Nick and Chelsea are another fail pairing they keep pushing for whatever reason. My MCE love goes back to the blonde RyAnnie AMC days but I'd rather she'd been written off with Adam because without him Chelsea serves 0 purpose now. I thought Chloe was actually great when she first came back and was working with Victor but now she's boring as hell too. 

Neil, Paul, and Kevin also have absolutely no story to the point its comical. Doug Davidson's the only one I feel bad for, GR needs a pink slip and Kristoff made his bed when he left Vicki Rowell out to dry.

They've done great things with rehabilitating Sharon, its too bad Steve Burton decided to leave because they became a great couple those last few months and I wanted to see more

Victor's rehabilitation on the other hand hasn't gone so well. Yeah he's no longer heinous but now he's a big boring blab of blah. We've had way too many Newman family dinners, scenes with Faith (why the hell is this 10 year old the shows leading ingenue?) and long speeches about stepping back. The Mr Nice Granddaddy act is just tired. Him giving Abby free reign of Newman Enterprises is ridiculous no matter how many times they have a character tell us how natural she is. I don't understand why they don't have a bunch of Luca like interlopers flooding that place trying to take over, the story practically writes itself (btw, WHY THE HELL DID THEY GET RID OF LUCA?! AND FOR FRICKEN TRAVIS WHO LEFT RIGHT AFTER. Ugh. ) 

It feels like they've declawed Jill again when bringing her back vampy, controlling, rude & manipulative as ever was one of the few things Pratt got right. I don't care to see her having a heart attack or fussing over Katherine and Colin (WHY is he back?) and that damn music box.

The Fenmore's merging with Jabot story is the prime example of good idea, bad execution and the worst of Sally. I can't believe they brought Gloria's bug eyed ass back just to hijack the whole thing and kill it in a couple of weeks. Now we're stuck watching Lauren wring her hands over a son she only paid attention to when he was a dead baby and Ashley and Phyllis (who's finally got her sense of humor back for the first time since the recast but GT's talent is being criminally wasted) fighting over tech dude in a broom closet.

The growing Ashley vs Jack feud is the only thing still interesting in that group dynamic. That and Hevon's story are the only reasons I haven't completely dropped the show due to boredom but I really need them to put some pep to the material. If Sally keeps this up I can see Sony & CBS cleaning house again soon.

• Members

Devon was right about Jill (or the show) trying to continue the feud with Kay after her death. I liked the Devon/Jill scenes, the Neil/Abby and the GC Buzz ones. 

Ravi trying to convince Ashley that this could work seems wrong on so many levels. She is his boss. 

Jill talking about Colin like she was married for thirty years, her husband left her and then she got involved with a bad boy, I don't buy. Not with her history. Perhaps if Colin was played by James Scott, or someone like that and a younger woman threatened her marriage the same way she did to Kay's. I have been waiting for Y&R to do this story for decades. 

• Members

@detroitpiston Excellent write-up. I'd throw-in EH as a big waste. Now if they really wanted to do something with Billy, Chloe is sitting on a nice little timebomb with Delia 2. Rather than just the one time they've been together in recent months, have Chloe get 'restless' with Kevin gone and start tempting fate (totally in character) and start finding excuses to be with Billy. Jill/Ester get to be co-grannys again. Jill gets to lash out at Chloe - something she loves - while also being ecstatic about having a grandchild again. Have Jill initiate a custody suit, etc. The downside is that Billy conflicted because he has to give up that HUGE CHEMISTRY with Victoria....haha 

• Members

Pratt actually planned to continue phyllus and billy. Jason and Gina sizzled. Sally abruptly ended the story swept it under rug for a happy Villy reunion. Its beyond terrible and AH and JT are a horrible match. Gina Tognoni god is Sally wasting her. We saw what she could do. Pratt wrote her those amazing on the stand scwnes last year. Sally is almost like writing her off the show.

• Members

No, no, no, no and no.  Today's episode, and I'm thinking of the GC Buzz scenes, was so embarrassingly bad.  I think I LOVE LUCY did this skit i 1950 and it shouldn't be repeated by Sally Sussman.  OMG.  Dena Higley  might be a better replacement. LOL

Archived