DAYS Gets ANOTHER head writer change

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Dimeras IMPO are DONE. with Joe's death (and hopefully Stefano's final death) the family has had their run. Andre will be made, finally, into the family matriarch (again) but I would like them to go past them. Very interested to see what will come up....I want stories told through the characters, not the other way around...which has now been happening for YEARS. 

• Members

In its heyday, as penned by William J. Bell and Pat Falken Smith, DAYS was a gripping, literate, sophisticated drama geared towards an adult audience.

I suppose I should finally give up hope that the series will ever return to its former glory...I've been waiting for 40 years, LOL.

• Members

I can see Carlivati focusing on the Hortons and Kiriakis families again. He'll bring back "forgotten" children as new characters all grown up. I won't be surprised if Mike Horton is back, as well as having Laura on more regularly. Maggie's daughter, Melissa maybe. I'm thinking he'll even use Julie more (especially with David's son). 

As much as I've loved the DiMera's over the years, the family really has been ruined with all of the "deaths". I'd prefer a fresh start with a different family coming aboard that stirs things up. Not a mass entrance all at once (like the Fords on OL) but a slow build up. Maybe Vivian could be the new Helena? 

• Members

the one thing I'm gripping onto is Sheri being there. if that hadn't had happened.....Days would be screwed. as long as Ron doesn't write the JER garbage and adds some dept, just like you said, back into the show...I'll give it ONE MORE CHANCE. 

• Members

Maybe Marlena will at least get an exciting story again. I HATE to say this, but I'd probably enjoy the return of the devil. Oh, Lord.

Please register in order to view this content

(They'll make me regret saying that).

• Members

I've been saying that for years. The Dimeras are a thing of the past. IMO, Chad ought to be the only Dimera on the canvas until his son or Sami's kids are aged. Even then, the Dimeras shouldn't hold as much clout or evoke fear like they did in the 80s or 90s. They need to officially declare Stefano dead (again) followed by Andre dying and move on. 

I also felt the show missed out on making the Alamain clan the new, central villain family when Louise Sorel and Crystal Chappell came back all those years ago. They could've easily wooed back Michael Sabatino, cast a young actor as Nicky, and went from there. It would've been so interesting to see Lawrence and Hope interact. In my mind, I felt he would've been attracted to her and become a bit obsessed with her too much like he was with Carly. It would've drove Bo bananas. With Nicky, I felt they could've brought him back and paired him with Abby. That pairing would've been so controversial with Jennifer's daughter being attracted to her rapist's son. Would've been so interesting to see Jennifer and a much alive Jack fret and scheme to prevent the pairing while Lawrence could've pushed it to stick it to Jennifer and Jack. 

Archived