DAYS Gets ANOTHER head writer change

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I look forward to see what he writes for Marlena

Please register in order to view this content

Maybe she's the one who gets DID? Or maybe the Devil makes a come back. 

This is both hilarious and sad as our current administration in the white house. The only positive is Sheri Anderson as consultant. 

• Members

Wow, great news. While Ron certainly was burning out near the end of his GH run and deserved the boot, overall I've enjoyed most of Ron's work and think his writing style is a perfect fit for DAYS. The worst his having to wait 6 months for his material to air. It'll be interesting to see how Ron is without Frank as his EP. 

• Members

I'm thrilled. Carlivati's OLTL was the last time I actually enjoyed a soap for an extended period rather than just an episode or two. I didn't like everything he did, but I was pretty consistently entertained. Hopefully, Shari is there to rein in his more extreme impulses and ground the story in a little more history and romance. 

I just wish we didn't have to endure another six months of blah from Higley. 

• Members

To be honest I quit watching Days in late 2011 after twenty years during the Poulter/Thomas regime because the "reboot" I felt horrendously was doing a lot of unnecessary damage i.e. Sami sleeping with E.J. and then E.J. possibly not being a DiMera was way too much. There was some good moments I tuned in for in 2012/2013 sorely for Eileen Davidson's Kristen, I tuned to watch E.J. and Sami's exits in 2014, and I tried to watch Days' 50th anniversary and serial killer story but nothing has ever brought me back to the show at all. E.J. and Sami shacking up back in November 2011 was disgusting enough to make me quit watching regularly , but Chase's rape of Ciara was enough for me to sever any sentimental ties to this show. 

I wish the best of luck to this show. I never watched OLTL but I've seen Carlivarti's name thrown around quite negatively for years. People said and I even thought myself that Hogan Sheffer would be more ideal for Days. Just look what happened back then and I am sorry to say this has be the last go around for a soap I once loved and fell out from. I was able to stomach ATWT and GL to the very end but I can't the say the same for Days unfortunately . 

• Members

This is eerie as aside from the 20 years (mine wasn't quite that long) so much of it describes why I slowly quit GL and finally moved away for good (until I knew it was likely going to be canceled and I wanted to say goodbye) after the unforgiveable Ben serial killer story and Tom Pelphrey Does Yoko Ono. 

It's sad how we slowly lose so much of what we loved about a soap until the last things we thought they couldn't take are taken too. 

• Members

I never watched Days, but I wish Mr. Carlivati well.  Love him or hate him, I don't think anyone can dispute that he is very clever.  I liked his GH tenure, it's just that the show didn't inter-connect the characters very well under him, but, now that he's been gone awhile, it has been demonstrated that all the problems were not his fault.

Archived