Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Blake was toned down after the first season, because he was a nightmare. Granted, he was still not that accepting of Steven, but nevertheless he was toned down. There is no way that Blake in the reboot will be portrayed anything like he was in season one. As for the casting, that's not a great choice.

• Members

I will watch this reimagining of the show in the same spirit with which I watched the "BTS" TV movie.  Instead of letting myself be so bothered by this like that Jem movie, I'll keep in mind that this can't take anything away from my affinity for the original series.

Just don't touch Sable.

• Members

They de-aged the leads, but that's smart. I always felt Linda Evans seemed too old to play the young trophy wife. Maybe she wasn't and just looked that way though. I surely can't imagine her as Pamela on Dallas. She just looks so manly and old to me. So far I'm pleased with the age of Blake and Cristel and I look forward to seeing who they cast as Alexis. Daytime Confidential had the best Wishful Casting, Zoe Lucker who played Tanya Turner on Footballers Wives. She has basically already played the role and would absolutely slay it. 

• Members

Grant Show is 55. Just let that sink in, y'all. Let. That. Sink. In. People born in 1962 are now turning fifty-damn-five. Time, slow ya roll!

First thought that comes to mind for Alexis is Miriam Shor, who co-stared with GS on the short-lived 70s period piece Swingtown back in '08. I think she's on one of TVLand's things right now.

• Members

Linda Evans was 38 when Dynasty began, but I don't believe Krystle's age was ever established on the show. Joan Collins was 48 at the beginning of season two.

If we go by the age differences between the original core (JF, JC, LE), and the casting of Grant Show, I figure the Cristal actress would be early 30s and Alexis would be cast with an actress in their early 40s.