Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nicole Simpson was such a TRASH character with a TRASH story, it's impossible to tell if she could have done Fallon justice IF the writing was good.

Nobody said that. The consensus is that the writing for Fallon, for the most part, was bad. It was a whole different character.

• Members

They should've kept Nicole until the massacre cliffhanger imho. She could've been desperately hanging onto Jeff and be fodder to add to the mediocre death count.

And before anyone says the obvious - how bizarre that they named her Nicole Simpsons. I mean the obvious connection.

Edited by te.

• Members

Fallon was only interesting in the first and last seasons so I tend to give Emma Samms a bit more credit than most. I wish the writing had stayed as in was in season one for her, but when Joan Collins joined they completely defanged her and turned her into a weepy heroine. At least Emma Samms was over the top and at times hilarious as Fallon, especially on The Colbys where I enjoyed her. Pamela Sue Martin completely gave up once the writing was gone, hence why she quit the show. One interesting thing is that she almost returned the final season but when David Paulsen met Emma Samms he thought she had so much more personality and spunk than what he saw on screen so he decided to give her another chance. I wonder how it would've been had Pamela Sue Martin returned.

• Members

Thank you! PSM was overrated as Fallon and only worked in season 1. Her stuff in seasons 2-4 were cringeworthy bc they stopped having her be the bitch with Alexis around. Emma was great in season 9 when they started to actually write her with some fire and not generic heroine.

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Nicole was the one involved with Peter de Vilbis, no?

I agree that Fallon was boring after season one. I remember being so excited to see her and experience the character when I watched the show for the first time, but once Alexis came in, there was really nothing left for Fallon to do, which wasn't really a huge loss because the cattiness between Alexis and Krystle blew the doors off of the slight Krystle/Fallon feud. Which I know everyone likes to say they love "subtle" Dynasty, but let's be real here.

• Members

Between Alexis, Krystle, Sammy Jo, and even Claudia and Kirby, Fallon was basically boxed in.  I'm just glad she wasn't as bland and inconsequential as Amanda.

IMO, the problem with the Krystle/Fallon feud was two-fold: 1) the writing didn't match the potential; and 2) Linda Evans was no match for Pamela Sue Martin.

Well, tbh, Linda Evans is no match for ANY actress.  She's gorgeous enough, but she's also very wan.  If there was any excitement at all to Alexis and Krystle's bitch-fests, it's because Joan Collins, while no master thespian herself, played to the back of the room.

Edited by Khan