Y&R May Discussion Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A year & a half LOL

I get a lot don't like who he is grieving for, time doesn't equate measure, he suffered 2 loses within 5 months.

Judging by his comments in SOD, his portrayer is taking it real hard too

• Members

SC has handled these scripts well. Sharon is conflicted - she didn't ask for the baby switch, but no matter what she does someone loses. She tells the truth, she and Dylan lose the kid. She lies and Nick continues to suffer. 

On another front, it's so obvious that they are intentionally keeping Phyllis and Summer apart. No way she would be more concerned about Billy than Summer/Luca and Nick losing Sage.  Not even a mention. 

• Members

Today when Billy said "I'm going to take what's mine", I truly thought he was going to say "with fire and blood" LOL!
 That was a good little speech though and he's right, imo. Where Jack gets off on lecturing him at this point, I don't understand. Billy is free to have sex with Fiona or anyone else he wants.

Speaking of Fiona, I get a kick out of her. "I know how these conversation go" The last woman (Phyllis) ended up slapping you". Then that little talk with Phyllis. Fiona has her number.

The actor who plays Stitch is so bad, today proves that. He couldn't squeeze out a tear to save his life. MO continues to improve, I never thought that would happen so I give her all the credit. She was so stilted when she started.

Travis is cute, I hope they keep him around and he's not just a blip in the story of Billy and Victoria.

• Members

I've been very disappointed in SC (Stitch) performances since the fire. Meanwhile, MO has made huge steps as an actor. Abby now reminds me of how Ashley was before Victor - strong, smart but compassionate - certainly a huge step from when MO came on. It's so odd that we actually feel like Abby cares more about Max than Ben - and that's solely on the actors - it's more than the writing. 

I think Travis is someone else (or related) who will be around and I'm ok with that. I really like JT's Billy and I never watched GH, so I don't know what to expect. JT/GT have great chemistry on many levels. I'm glad they are moving him away from Victoria and de-aged Phyllis away from GreatAunt Jack. 

• Members

He's cute, but is he actually young? Seems to me JT and this new guy are both about AH's age. I agree that putting her with original Billy right after JT was probably a mistake. With David Tom it was never going to work. That was a good reason to break up Villy for good though, instead of getting rid of DT.

Oh well, at least JT seems to be working out, which is a good thing because one more recast and Billy would have been a totally screwed character.

• Members

Amelia Heinle is 43 -- 10 years older than Michael Roark, who plays Travis. Jason Thompson is 39.

Y&R is famous for putting old geezer men with young babes, so I have no problem with Victoria going a decade younger. I also think she has more chemistry with Roark than with JT.

• Members

Then I stand corrected. Travis seemed older to me, but he's probably not for Victoria long term. With the way so many characters are talking about the great Villy love, he's probably just another Stitch.  I agree about Y&R putting much older men with young women. They do it too often.  Even MTS is about 15 years younger than EB, so when they have Victor going even younger I have to roll my eyes.

• Members

Molly Ordway has indeed improved greatly and has been selling it lately for sure. Although even at her worse I have always found her more believable as Victor and Ashley's daughter than both Erin and Rylan. I use to like Stitch, but now I find the character a growing waste of space. Carrigan has been sleepwalking through the role as of late. 

The scenes in jail between Victor and Adam were the only good part of Wednesday's episode. I like Fiona actually wish she'd stay around. Victoria and Travis weren't as bad as I was expecting it to be, in fact it was actually nice.

Pratt & Co doesn't have any story for Noah and Marisa and cuts them, but can come up Mariah/Kevin/Natalie triangle? *pukes*

Archived