Y&R May Discussion Thread

• Members

It's crazy how much better Gina and Jason look together than Gina and Peter. I will say I've really enjoyed the build to them finally hooking up. Jack really shouldn't be surprised though, this is what the third time she's cheated on him?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Justin was smart, he'd pull a double duty until this season got greenlit for a second season. NBC isn't the most stable network when it comes to TV shows. They stay cancelling shows left and right in their first seasons instead of allowing them to build an audience gradually overtime. 

• Members

Agreed. That's very difficult to pull off. Plus, I always viewed JT's Y&R time as a placeholder - he really is primetime material, so good for him. Just make JT's Adam really Gabriel and bring back MM. Haha. I'm guessing that's why they've really pulled back on Adam that past couple of months - he really should be far more involved in NE rather than this weird passive place. 

On the other hand, SP's show was not picked up by CW, so I hope that means we'll see more of her soon.

• Members

Unless Hartley wants to pull a Tamara Tunie for a minute I'd say just write out Adam and Chelsea off in the sunset together on the run from Victor would be the most logical story solution. There's not much story for either of them for starters. From them one upping Victor in today's ep it looks like that is the direction the two are headed. Muhney back would be a disaster and would erase everything that Hartley's accomplished, plus I'm quite certain that Muhney has joined both Stafford and Rowell as persona non grata with Sony. 

Hilary is probably going to end up sleeping with Jack in which case enter Jill, not Lily throwing water. Unless Hilary slept with Cane. 

• Members

I think they should write Adam off short term in case his series fails, which most do.  Normally, I'd be against that, but recasting Adam again would be rough. Not sure why people even bring up bringing MM back, what a slap in the face that would be to the female cast. I would put Chelsea with Nick, so that when Adam comes back there's some conflict.

• Members

Originally I thought that getting both Sage and Dylan out the way so we could have bare bones, fierce Nick and Sharon vs. Adam and Chelsea story sounded good but it would take some complex writing to make it work well. Adam and Chelsea have become such a tight couple its improbable for them to split. Pairing Chelsea with Nick, even for some conflict would be unacceptable and actually be insulting to both MCE and the character of Chelsea. 

• Members

They should've done Hilary v. Jill (over Jack) from the start. Yeah, I'd hate Hilary lying down with grandpa Jack but at least it'd pay homage and put a modern, new spin on Y&R's greatest rivalry--Kay v. Jill. Jess & Mishael had all the right chemistry as rivals to be the modern day Kay & Jill. 

• Members

It's a conundrum really. I'd love to see MCE stay around but it would take another "death" of Adam to free the Chelsea character up or they would ripoff the Jonathan/Lizzie/Sarah/Alan story and apply it to Adam, Chelsea, Connor and Victor to make Chelsea remain sustainable. Even after that, I'd rather see Chelsea renew relations with Dylan or fool around with Luca before seeing Chelsea fall for Nick. This shouldn't be B&B for plot devices. 

Who knows they could easily bring on a new Adam and do something similar from Burgress Jenkins to Jason Thompson but it will still be quite rough and it's going to take one heck of an actor to pull it off at the end of the day so a recast is entirely feasible, it just has to be the right one. 

• Members

I've been calling Jillary for some time now. In a weird way MM looks better with PB than GT/PB. They also need to move Hilary from Devon - it really doesn't work at all. Can you imagine how awesome it will be to see Hilary drop her bags in the Abbott foyer? With the built-in conflict with Ashley, this could be a viable s/l.  

Archived