The Libertine

SoapAlcoholic

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok - well my friend and I went to see this movie at the late showing (first bad idea)....We sat through the first 15 minutes and then walked out and saw Date Movie instead. lol

First, the "prologue" at the beginning was kinda cool....but then after that my friend and I couldn't understand or follow it at all! The dialogue was so boring and so foreign that we kept looking at each other like "WTF!" Sure I understand he was all about the vagina, but what he was talking about made no sense....maybe part of it was the theater had horrible sound - it was too low anyway. Anyway the overall feel of the movie was old and boring anyway - so we walked out before we fell asleep and felt like we wasted $7.

When I finally rent it, maybe I'll have some better reviews for this...lol

• Members

lol - well it was the LATE late movie so there was no way I could keep up with the dialogue...I couldn't understand what the hell they were talking about and the film was too old/grainy looking...i just knew if I didn't get out of there soon I'd be falling asleep...so Date Movie kept me up and laughing! :)

• Members

I'm on the fence about whether I should go see this movie. I'm on Spring Break next week and I have a 50$ gift card to the movie, so I'm going to go see Brokeback Mountain, Capote, and Transamerica. But I'm not sure if I should see this movie. I have a very low tolerance for movies anyway...:unsure: But I love Johnny Depp.

• Members

A lot of men like Ebert and Siskel...or whoever that new guy is...like ripping Johnny's movies apart.

It's probably cuz they're jealous since he looks better than they do. :P

That's why he gets nominated for Oscars and never wins.

I saw some dumb-ass reviews of The Libertine in those free local papers that people throw on the sidewalk cuz they're trash anyway.

I can't wait to see this movie!!!!:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Members

Nope, I heard on the radio that PSH nudged him out of the list, but they might have just been joking...lol. I have a feeling though that Johnny Depp is gonna be the Susan Lucci of the Oscars, with all the amazing stuff he's coming out with, but without the awards. We'll see :) I'll still love him!

• Members

Well...u never know. They nominated him for Pirates of The Carribbean...so u never know. As long as he gets the recognition and all kinds of nominations..i am happy!! Besides....some say when someone wins younger in there career..it sometimes kills the chance of them picking up another Oscar. Look at Kate Winslet..she should have had one or two by now. Sissy Spacek only has ONE..and that is pure bullshit!! That women should have at least 3 by now!!

Archived