Y&R: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With your need for the young in Y&R, maybe Nick Jr. is more your speed.  If  WELL WRITTEN, any character can be interesting. As for seeing them in bed, a story on a soap doesn't have to be sex driven.  Why you are busting Tracey Bregman' sex appeal is bizarre. She may be older, but Bregman is one of the most alluring leading ladies Y&R has had. The fact that UpChuck can't come up with a good story for her just boggles me. She has  proven her worth on this show forever. Did you see that romp with Carmine? #flawless

UpChuck seems to just be into shock and awe and destroying the characters that keep the viewers coming back.

If Sag were killed off tomorrow, her character would be forgotten within six months.  No loss whatsoever.

Sullivan isn't  NEW   to daytime, her scenery chomping on GH is why viewers don't like her. She's an o.k. actress, but she's just not what most viewers seem to like.

I'm all for new blood in the show. I'm loving Sofia Pernas, and enjoying her interactions across the board. She even raises Robert Adamson in his scenes.

If you want to discuss some characters that have seen past their expiration dates  Snortoria leads the pack. From baby rabies, to her wishy washy routine with Grandpa Moses, Vic could leave for six months and I'd be happy. Michael's cancer story(a bust) has gone by the way side. Kevin needs to drop to recurring, or go.

• Members

Sag - forgotten in six months? Honestly, if she isn't on the show, she doesn't even register on my radar. The only time I think of her character is because of all the posts written here! I have nothing against the actress at all. I just find the character completely unnecessary. JM could be paired with SC, GT, LLB, CK or MM and I think the audience, while polarized in all 5 of those scenarios, would at least give a darn. 

Bregman still exudes sensuality, but not in a sleazy way. There's always been something cool, but smoldering. And, somebody please bring back Carmine - that character seems so UpChuck to me.  On the opposite scale, who would've have thought that ANY writing regime could de-sexualize GT? 

SP has been a HUGE add to the show. Talk about a sexy, natural and exotic actress. 

• Members

I can see your points. Soaps have always thrived on the audience's investment in familiar (long time) characters. CP could get rid of KS, HK, MO and others that posters here don't like and focus on vets and newer characters like Mariah.  We all know what counts for CBS/Sony and the all important sponsors.  They care abot the ratings and reaching the target demo for the sponsors 18-49. So if those actors/characters can do that, all is well. I, for one, won't be watching THAT version of Y&R.

• Members

Today's Adam and Victor scenes proved how talented Hartley is as he was successfully able to counter Braeden in the verbal war of words. 

Once again high and mighty St. Cane going down for a dark deed. Wish he'd end up in jail permanently and off my screen. Although I do agree it does feel like it's late in the story to be having this type of plot point but alas is typical of Pratt's writing. 

I forget the whole Nick/Sage/Sharon/Patty/evil doctor mess is even going on too when its not on screen. Which is actually a good thing. 

• Members

Why doesn't Bryton clean up his shave?  He looks good with the goatee, but the scraps on his cheek do him no favors.  

This entire trial is clunky.  Something just ain't right, and the court set looks cheap.

Archived