HW Dena Higley taking leave of absence from DAYS

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ron is not going to DOOL. First of all, Ron has something cooking wtih ABC as mentioned by Drummer in her interview with MF. Second, Corday has never done well with writers who come in totally from the outside.  Sheffer didn't work; Broderick didn't work.  Morina only worked for two years and she joined the staff months before JER left for Passions.  Corday likes to promote mostly from within the breakdown staff.

DOOL is likely to be cancelled after this two year period starting in Sept.  Corday will keep it in the family.  I can see Milstein filling in if Higley is truly coming back.  Perhaps she only agreed to come back for six months anyway.  She moved to Florida to retire. 

I can see Milstein and Sheri Anderson writing the show.  I think Sony will keep Griffith unless he resigns.  Corday gets his pick of headwriter and Sony gets the co-head pick.  I think Corday hired Tomlin and Sony wanted Whitesell.  I think Corday wanted Higely and Sony brought in Griffith. 

I know that the show has been great the last two days and I actually sat through two complete episodes which I cannot do with any of the three remaining shows.  Even B&B, the Maya plot is groundbreaking but a little afterschool special and only worth watching when Mulcahey writes the dialog.  Y&R is terrible but pretty to look at and GH is a bloody mess right now.

• Members

Exactly. 

And Ron being promised to write a script for ABC doesn't mean crap. ABC has tons of writers that they have on writing projects and in circulation that goes nowhere. Unless you're in Shonda Rhimes camp, ABC ain't checking for you. 

And Corday is a businessman first and foremost. Trust and believe that he is probably entertaining the idea of snagging Ron. As much as many of us don't like Ron, he did spark the ratings at the beginning of his run at GH. His work during the anniversary year of GH wasn't bad. Wasn't great but it wasn't bad. It was still considered critically acclaimed by soap critics. 

Furthermore, Corday not snagging outsiders in recent years still won't stop him from snagging Ron. He still has a history of snatching and grabbing writers from other shows too. 

If he had any sense, he'd take a stab at Y&R by grabbing Alden and Sussman-Morina--both who submitted story projections to Y&R earlier this year. 

• Administrator

RW, you have to stop saying that because it's not true.  I wish this myth would just die and hate it when people give life to this false info by spreading it around.   She just wrote two scripts and that's it.  She didn't ghost write anything nor created any characters. 

• Members

Exactly. Both women are Bill's proteges to be exact. And I could see both of them versing themselves in what made Bill's reign successful and trying to emulate it while making it their own. 

But again, knowing these soap producers, they typically pick choices that'll garner them press. I just feel that he's going to snag Ron b/c it'll get some attention from the soap press. 

• Members

I wish people would stop with the even sillier Sally Sussman Morina myth. The woman has no talent, her own show flopped, her DAYS stint was a flop, and until Sony hired her to consult in 2005, she was out of the Bell universe for nearly two decades. She's not Bell's protege and he never hired her back after she left to create her ill-fated show. 

I can't with people like Jamey Giddens who proclaim her to be some saving grace of daytime. 

Archived