GH: Carlivati OUT! Passanante/Altman IN!!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/ghs-laura-wright-interview-the-honor-of-playing-lukes-on-screen-mom-her-pivotal-last-scenes-with-tony-geary-carson-head-writer-change/2015/07/27/

Last week, the news broke that Ron Carlivati has been let-go by ABC the head writer of General Hospital. You took to Twitter with a very nice tweet and thank you to Ron. What are your thoughts on Rons departure and his contributions to GH?

Photo: Paley Center for Media Beverly Hills

LAURA: The Ron and Frank (Valentini) team saved General Hospital, period. Ron came in and made changes that needed to be done. He brought back core characters that had not been seen forever that the audience just loved. The first characters that pop into my head are Lucy Coe (Lynn Herring) and Felicia (Kristina Wagner) especially Lucy with the Nurses Ball. Frank is definitely a huge part of that as well, and I am not taking anything away from Frank, who is still there and tirelessly working for us. I love Ron. I love him personally, and there is nothing more fun that sitting next to Ron at the Daytime Emmys! (Laughs) I adore him, and his writing, and his talent, and its all there. I wish him the best. Ron is so talented, and so I am just calling this a nice break for him, because I am sure Ron is going to kick ass somewhere else.

What do you think about the incoming co-head writing team of Shelly Altman and Jean Passanante? This time its two women who will be charged with the task of keeping things interesting and kicking in Port Charles.

LAURA: Im excited to see what happens. They have a job and they are writing General Hospital now, and so the reality is its already underway, and so bring it on! Lets see whats next. I have been doing daytime for 24 years. and when I was on Loving in my first 7 years there, I think we went through 4 head writers and 5 producers. Stuff like this happens, and you just keep going. I look at the change as a positive thing. I got to work under Ron for 3 years and his writing, and before that it was the legendary Bob Guza, and now its going to be two women, which is awesome. I just look it as experience, after experience, af

Laura Wrights take on the Ron Carlivati. It's clear they are close friends. She said Ron saved GH. I am excited about her excitement for Jelly.

• Members

Jonnysboro, what's your deal with a breast cancer storyline? We've seen it a thousand times on the soaps, yet you're pushing it as an example of your Smart TV crap.

I do not want a revamped GH to include a breast cancer story, or any other kind of cancer. Jelly didn't exactly wow me with their Michael Baldwin prostate cancer story on YR.

Archived