GH: Carlivati OUT! Passanante/Altman IN!!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess the fact that it's not only Jean is small favors. Jean is mediocre death to any soap.

I used to think Shelly Altman had a long history on staff at GH, but Wikipedia says otherwise.

I have no pity for Ron, but I do pity the show.

• Members

Actually, even if all they manage to do is take the show to the level Y&R was in late 2014/early 2015, we're already winners. It wasn't fantastic soap but GH was so bad, this is an insane upgrade.

• Members

I am not looking forward to Soap Media Twitter rending its garments all weekend and shrieking about the injustice, blaming anyone and everyone from Tony Geary to Nathan Varni to the ghost of Jeanne Cooper for Ron's stories, characters and choices. Brian Frons has been out of the building since 2012 - Ron has few excuses left.

There will always be an element of network or EP oversight on a HW, always some pressures or actor clashes. That is the nature of the job, but what was left onscreen was largely Ron's personal vision, IMO.

Ron started out as the underdog and I was one of his first and most vocal fans at OLTL. He made that show good again for me, consistently, for the first time since the '90s. Then, within a year, he began [!@#$%^&*] up, and by the time he got to GH his problems were magnified intensely. Now those massive flaws are obscuring everything else.

Ron has a lot of love for these shows and for daytime, but he also has a lot of ego and a lot of bad impulses. He made this situation himself. He's not the first once-beloved HW to fall apart in daytime because of their own excess, but he just might be the last. He did it to himself. Nobody else did it to him.

• Members

Agree to disagree, their show put me to sleep. And I don't know Altman well, but Jean Passanante is the bottom of the barrel for me and has been for over fifteen years. They should have gone out and thrown money at Karen Harris or any number of other hands.

Archived