B&B July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

That was the only highlight. This was supposed to be a huge story for her after DWTS. The foundation for her drinking just wasn't there. The scenes at Bill/Katie's wedding were cringeworthy. I felt bad for KKL - that story just isn't in her wheelhouse. I do think the next flameout with be Quinn/Deacon/Brooke. I mean, really, who cares? I like all three actors, but I'm far more excited by the Gen3 characters now.

People shouldn't be so quick to dismiss Maya and that she'll disappear. B&B has struggled to make the show diverse and they finally have it with KM. I'm starting to think that a strategy of making almost everyone OK with her TG status and the continued talk of Maya being a woman, which she is, is partly being done so that the 'novelty' of Maya's status can be downplayed, if not ignored, should they choose. Maya is a woman, her genesis will be irrelevant. What isn't irrelevant is that B&B has diverse character that matter on the show, which was my biggest concern with the TG reveal.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Has it even been discussed on other boards/social media (where the whackadoos really run rampant) that Rick & Maya are an interracial couple? Whereas 20 years ago, AMC's Noah and Julia were so "groundbreaking," now it's a complete non-factor. Progress!

Maya's father's reaction to Zende being a Forrester was funny though.

B&B finally having its own successful black family is noteworthy, especially given their shoddy history. Although the parents will come & go, I could easily see Maya and Nicole sticking around for a long time. The fact that the actresses are a hit certainly helps.

• Members

I'm completely shocked about Aly.....but I want to believe that isn't the last we have seen of her...maybe she will be in a coma and they think she's dead...

I can't help but feel like Steffy sort of deserves to get the heat for this even if it was self defense......she's never been a saint by any means.....

I also know he is irrelevant at the moment but I'm not looking forward to the next time we see Bill cause he's probably gonna make some vicious remark towards Aly being crazy....cause he's already slightly obsessed with Steffy even if he wouldn't admit it....I know some love it, but he's so offensive and will probably say something really nasty about Aly....

• Members

I dont see how Steffy can get the heat for this. Aly has been verbally attacking her for weeks now and had that psychotic collage about her. Then there was the nail in the tire, trying to run her over, swinging at her, etc.... Seriously, everyone is Team Steffy any way and the only person I can see blaming her is Thorne, but thats one person. It would be ludicrious for others to do so as well bc they were privvy to how irrational Aly was

• Members

I guess we lucked out, wasn't this episode supposed to be a Friday cliffhanger before the show was preempted last week?

When she was watching from the car, was Ivy "inadvertently" recording the whole ordeal when she was holding her phone askew for a moment there or was that on purpose? She could have averted the entire situation just by honking the horn.

I'm hoping Aly survives either temporarily comatose or amnesic. I just don't want her dead and I sure as hell don't want guilt-ridden Steffy seeing Aly and Darla's floating heads.

• Members

While Steffy did act in self-defense, I've watched plenty of 48 Hours and Dateline to see cases where someone who acted in self defense still get tried and/or convicted of murder. So if Brad wanted to go that route, it does happen IRL. Not saying that's the route I would take (I wouldn't have killed off Aly), but certainly one he could take.

• Members

Really good soap yesterday! That is why I watch, but if your spoiler is true, that's just another disappointment. The bottom fell out of Maya's story on eppy 2!

The young woman who plays Ivy is positively beautiful! It's almost as if Liz Taylor has risen from the dead. She's gorgeous!

• Members

Wow was that a disappointing follow up. Where the !@#$%^&*] is Aly's body? The morgue? The hospital? Is she still laying dead on the side of the road? While they mentioned being questioned by police, neither of them would be home right now. They'd both still be at police station for questioning and police would have called Thorne to break the news. If you're going to do this story Brad, at least watch an episode of 48 Hours first! Erin Moriarty would probably consult for free! LOL

One thing Brad did get right is, someone Ivy's age would probably video the whole thing on her phone and if Brad does this right, this can be used to further spark a Steffy/Ivy rivalry that can last for years.

• Members

IMO we won't see Aly's body cause I think there will be a twist and she'll turn up alive. Maybe she'll have been hidden away by Thorne or something so she can try to get well cause see Steffy etc would set her off so no one will know she's alive but Thorne

Archived