B&B July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I already hate the new Thomas. He has the potential to become my next avatar. Please leave.

I know I've said it before but there's so much dead weight on this show. And of all the useless characters Bell decided to get rid of Aly?!

It would've been nice to hear Ivy's and Oliver's speech and the funeral. Why Ridge of all people?

Seeing the flashback reminded me how much I loved that pool scenes with Oliver and Aly. Bell seemed to be really into them a full 3.5 seconds. It will surprise me if we'll see Oliver again.

• Members

All the stuff that really should've been included in the actual episode:

Pam thanking Rick for hosting the Memorial and Rick replying that it was Aly's home too, while a guilty Maya responds "even if we didn't always make her feel like it". Pam mentions that she thinks they ought to focus on the good memories.

Ridge lamenting to Caroline about the fact that Aly was talented and something to the effect that her talent should've been nurtured instead of being in an environment of constant put downs (he may have been referring to when Rick was CEO) and regretting that none of them got her the help she needed.

Zende mentions to Nicole that he and Aly used to correspond to each other by handwritten letters, not texts and that she invited him to visit her when she was in Paris but he never did because he was in school and that he would write back even though the letters slowed and eventually stopped (I think) once Aly moved to L.A. I think Nicole said something about how she was sure Aly must have appreciated all the letters even if she stopped writing (or something like that).

I can't remember if there was anything else.

• Members

The funny thing is that all of those things took like 2-3 minutes. Yeah, had they spread it out to 1 1/2 episodes, they could have fit this in (LOL). It's sort of weird that Aly's memorial service was done in mostly montage, maybe BB felt uncomfortable lingering too long with grief? I honestly don't know but it really does add fuel to the fire of that conspiracy theory that Aly may not really be dead.

• Members

Someone who looks like Ronn Moss or the current actor…the actress who plays Steffy resembles HT a lot…..they just have not gotten the casting of Thomas correctly at all with Bell or Gregory or this new one…..I will say Gregory was the closest but he was a horrible actor.

• Members

Thanks DD.

I think they sometimes misjudge what viewers want to see and what is necessary to the story. All of that should have made the cut, and it should have registered that it was all important to both story and viewers. Brad needs to learn that it's OK to slow things down for 2 episodes - viewers aren't going to get bored if you play the emotional impact for a bit.

B&B used to be so good at doing aftermaths, so it's disappointing when they gloss over things like this.

• Members

Damn Aly got shafted, good, didn't like her

Thomas looks like Pacey from Dawson Creek

Y is Ivy beating around the bush and not telling Stuffy she has video, and y is Steffy even lying anyway, Aly tried to kill her?

Really tacky Liam, really tacky

Weird show today!

• Members

This makes three bad shows in a row. AB was the only highlight. Seriously are they trying to make us hate Liam & Steffy? I don't get it. Steffy certainly could've and should've stopped Liam from telling Ivy. How completely inappropriate. Think I'm going to jump off the show and just read updates until this passes. (That's been my usual MO forever with B&B anyway.)

BTW - Where is the bonus content? I don't see it on CBS site - it seems like there must be a reason for it - to push some online platform like CBS Access.

Archived