• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

James Marshall actually looks more handsome today than he did back then, IMO. I heard somewhere he'd been ill these last few years, reclusive, etc. James is far from my favorite character, but if Lynch and Frost have some use for him I will welcome him back.

In other news, CBS has announced a new streaming-only service of some sort, a la HBO. Showtime is said to not be far behind, which will be good for me. And Mark Frost will be penning a new Twin Peaks book to be released in late 2015. Sounds like something of a primer on the last 25 years since Season 2.

• Members

Marshall sued the makers of Accutane about 5 years ago, claiming it had heavily damaged his health and destroyed his acting career.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Marshall_(actor)

James and Donna are probably the only two characters (along with Annie and John Justice Wheeler) that it's cool for fans to hate, so he does get a ton of hate. Frankly, the writing for him in season 2 was atrocious.

I will certainly give him another chance, although I will admit to being a little cross that we hear about his return and some of my favorites are still not mentioned as coming back.

Trivia note - his wife Renee Griffin played wan Danielle, Serena's aunt, in Port Charles' first six months.

• Members

Almost any of the others have had more of a career than James Marshall, who disappeared after being the It Boy of the moment in the early '90s. I'm okay with giving him another moment, the others will be announced. And I expect TPTB know better now what he can and can't do, story-wise.

Looking at the pilot and Season 1 again this week Marshall definitely had that sort of sweet sad boy thing going, which always made him less masculine than most of his female partners, and I suspect that fascinated Lynch/Frost. His stories got so terrible, but early on he was instrumental to helping flesh out Laura for the audience.

I do wonder what Moira Kelly is doing these days. She was big for a bit in the '90s too, then she quietly left The West Wing when the role didn't pan out. That's the last I've heard of her. She was wonderful in FWWM, not that I need Donna back.

• Members

For all his flaws, James did have a major role in one of my favorite scenes.

Shows the entire Maddy/James/Donna triangle in one quiet, slow scene. And lulls you into being shocked and stunned by THIS, a scene that stayed with me for quite a while (it's at 16 minutes).

• Members

Moira seemed to clock in years on One Tree Hill, along with Sheryl Lee (I wonder if they ever had any scenes together...).

I agree with you about her work. I thought she was especially good in that infamous bar scene, which can't have been easy to make.

• Members

I do hope if they must have Donna (which they mustn't) they'll use Kelly, who I always preferred. I'm not sure Lara Flynn Boyle is still on good terms with anyone at the show (or in Hollywood), honestly. I know Lynch was very put out when she, Sherilyn Fenn and MacLachlan opted or mostly opted out of FWWM. He patched things up with the latter two long ago but apparently this is not the case with Boyle. At the same time, I can frankly see Lynch being fascinated with what's become of LFB and her face as sort of a tragic creature. I saw something terrible she was in not long ago and she can barely speak, let alone act. She looks like Swamp Thing. It's difficult to watch - makes Jackie Zeman on GH look like a minor touch-up.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I know some of her fans claim the show scapegoats her, so I would assume there's still no love lost.

I don't see a reason for Donna, but I do think Moira Kelly would make it work. LFB - she mostly always got through on her smoldering, offbeat looks. It's a shame she destroyed herself the way she did.

Meanwhile, here's an example of fan reaction to James:

tumblr_ndcn5uEUPy1rw2is4o1_500.jpg

(that's from Tumblr's Twin Peaks confession blog)

Maybe they should just say the hell with it and have him as governor now. It's happened before.

• Members

I had no idea there was so much hate for James out there. Absolutely no idea. OK, he's not anywhere near my favorite characters, and the only thing I really remember about him is the Evelyn story, that he looked good and that he was always a pouty, sad manboy, as well as the occasional romantic moment with Donna (was there much more), but such intense hatred?

Sometimes, it's best not to know the online reaction. lol

• Members

The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes. Ghostwritten by Scott Frost, series writer and brother of co-creator Mark Frost. The Frost brothers are also the sons of actor Warren Frost (Doc Hayward) - and the siblings of ATWT star Lindsay Frost, who played Betsy Stewart on that soap.

Another ABC promotional tie-in they were excited enough to greenlight. I read bits and pieces of this as a kid in bookstores, but never had a hard copy of it the way I did Laura's diary. It starts in Cooper's boyhood years and is an interesting read thus far.

Edited by Vee

• Members

"I sure hope there's a place for at least one of my two dead characters."

LOL

I have always been fascinated by the idea of her coming back in each season as yet another Laura look-alike. So audacious & yet so fascinating! I wish we would have seen it happen. This third season could be the perfect opportunity for that.