• Members

Piper wants to come back as Catherine. Niiiiice! smile.png I'd like to see that. Even though that woman puts the fear of God in me. (I've watched Carrie way too many times.)

Well. I'm up to Season 2 episode 11. Leland's dead....Bob's gone into another host (I've already been spoiled on that. Poor Dale. sad.png ) and Lucy is torn between her baby's daddy being Andy or Dick. Love love love this show. Also. David Duchovny in drag is hysterical. He doesn't make a pretty woman.

Also. Some a-hole checked out Fire Walk With Me at the library. And, I have no idea whether it'll be back on Friday so I can rent it or not. Damn. :(

Edited by Golden Duck

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That Grantland article was an interesting read. I agree with a lot of it about the show's impact. Repeatedly saying there is no need for Bobby (or Shelly) - well if you could leave comments, I would have left a very long one.

You don't technically "need" anyone but Cooper and Laura, but if you want to tell Laura's story, Bobby was a vital part of that. And he was a fascinating character in his own right. And it's such a stupid reason not to bring him back. "Some characters peak in high school." That's part of the point. If he's a broken failure now, show us.

• Members

I don't think Cooper was an !@#$%^&*]. He and Laura were the central axis of the show - he had so much of Lynch in him. In the age of today's relentlessly kooky male heroes, it's easy to look at him now and attempt to dissect him as we would some of those self-satisfied characters and see something else behind their behavior, but Cooper wasn't any of those. He isn't built like that. He had past demons, but overall he just was what he was and he had no guile about him, much like David Lynch himself. I didn't care for the Annie love story so much, but I never stopped loving Cooper. I love all the characters (okay, except James and Donna), but I think Cooper and Sheryl Lee (regardless of who she plays) are easily the two things the show would really need to come back.