YR: Ashley spoiler from TV Guide

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's not really true. Over the years, Ashley has shown a strong, business side to her challenging Jack. However, every time that starts to take hold, they reign Ashley back to build Jack back up because they needed to keep him as an "equal" (as if) to Victor. I have ZERO problem tapping Ash's strong and sexy side (even if some of it is more "Kristen" than "Ashley") The character has been around for 30 years and, honestly, I'd rather see Ashley taking numbers than the tired of Jack thing. Plus more Jabot/Abbots is ALWAYS a good thing on Y&R

• Members

Yes, it really is true.

This has nothing to do with challenging Jack, or some "girl power, go Ashley!" malarkey.

Ashley has never been without ambition & could no doubt do a great job in the position. However, she has stated that she prefers to be in her element, i.e. the lab, and making great products versus the backstabbing world of business politics. More than once she has yelled at Jack for involving her in his mess and using underhanded tactics.

Now she's going to go for a power play against her own brother?

Unless it is written as a fair deal between the two siblings (I have this great product, I want to come on board and work together to run the company, or if Jack offers for some reason), then this has already failed because it is Out. Of. Character.

The mere fact that you admit this could be more Kristen than Ashley proves what I'm saying. Ashley can be strong and sexy (if she is allowed), without having her waltz in and out of boardrooms like some Jill Foster Abbott wannabe.

• Members

I think Ashley has challenged Jack before and has been CEO or President. Maybe years go, but I still remember something like that happening, especially because Jack was kicked out of Jabbot a couple of times for being underhanded. I think Ashley's feelings on the matter have changed several times over the years. Original recipe Ashley was only interested in the lab, but then original recipe Nikki was never interested in business either.

• Members

Oh, sorry. I went through the exclusion list and didn't see TV Guide so I thought it was fine.

Exclusion list:

- The Inquisitr

- The National Enquirer

- Star Magazine

- The Mirror

- The NY Post

- Globe Magazine

- In Touch

- Life & Style

- OK! Magazine

- The Examiner

Archived