General Hospital August 2014 Discussion

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But she was taking about having her last embryo transferred, so doesn't that mean she doesn't have any eggs, even though she can carry her own embryo? I thought that's why these embryos were her last chance and she was so desperate to get them from Dr. O? *fingers crossed* Because I agree, the last thing these writers should pen is a rape.

Thank you! wink.png

• Members
Originally she couldnt even carry any kids but they rewrote that with her latest storyline. I dont see it putting it past them to say that her procedure somehow made her able to produce eggs for future pregnancies, no matter how illogical. Remember everything about this show is plot driven

• Members
I was referring to Paul and Anne Martin's daughter, Beth, who died of "crib death" while Paul and Anne were attending a therapy session for parents of special-needs kids. (Anne had contracted toxoplasmosis during her pregnancy, causing Beth to be born severely handicapped.) Anne was already emotionally fragile from worrying over her daughter, but losing her sent her completely over the edge. Paul ended up having her sent away to a mental institution.

And as for DAYS: Don and Marlena's son, Donald Jr., or D.J., was born prematurely and died soon afterward. Don blamed Marlena for the baby's death; they wound up divorcing. Of course, with DAYS being DAYS, there is always the possibility that Stefano DiMera (or someone) took D.J. and raised him to be Daniel Jonas a dynamic, sexy, intelligent young man who is allergic to clothes (or at least to shirts), who every woman loves, and who every other man wishes he could be like. (That's usually how those casting notices read, right?)

Allow me to offer congrats as well, Julia! :)

• Members

Was it... Anne's? Back in the 70s anyway--she had a baby who was mentally ill, and she went crazy and then I think they wrappedup the story by killing the baby with SIDS. (Oh dear, I could be wrong--it's scary how I'm starting to lose myknowledge of AMC history--even stories I never saw...)

Thanks Khan! Read this after replying--glad I was mainly right!

Archived