Soap Odd Balls, Bizarre Behavior, and Backstage Antics

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always wondered what was up with Days getting all the awards and press back in the 90's. The awards shows should have been re titled " The Days of Our Lives Appreciation Awards". They also made up most of the covers on soap magzines, One year Deidre Hall was up against Robin Strasser and Melody Thomas Scott. Before they announced Dee's win, you could see Melody mouthing it ahead of time and the rolled her eyes......LOL I think it's on youtube.

Speaking of those two, I remember there were rumors that Dee might be heading back to Y&R as a different character than the one she played in the 70's. Supposedly Melody didn't want that happening.

• Members

Wow, if you think head writers of any soap are able to command a 100000 a months salary i see no point trying to argue with you.

Unless we talk about monopoly money.

Theyre lucky if they can make that for a whole year worth of work.

• Members

Soap royalty like Susan Lucci could get away with asking 1million$ a year but that was the exception rather than the rule. And that was a decade ago. Budget have been slashed so much in the past few years that the big stars would be lucky making half a million.

Since writers are still considered much lower on the talent's scale, I cant believe that ANY of them would make 100000$ a year much less for a month.

• Members

So was Danielle Harris (Molly Tilden; ex-Samantha OLTL). Danielle & Roseanne did not get a long. Soon after leaving Roseanne, Danielle was cast as one of Roseanne's real life kids in that TV film that stared Partika Darb0 (Dool) who had also been on Roseanne as Marge, Dan's fantasy woman

• Members

Better yet, if they insist on bringing up ancient history between Paul and Nikki, I wouldn't mind seeing her in a new triangle between Paul and a back-in-town Greg. (I shall leave the re-casting up to others.)

• Members

Did anyone ever hear/read anything about a possible feud between Bill Bell and Aaron Spelling in the late 1990s? There was some actor swapping between Y&R/B&B and Aaron Spelling's shows of the time and the Hunter Tylo lawsuit was going on, but I don't know for certain if Bill Bell and Aaron Spelling ever crossed paths.

Archived