Soap Odd Balls, Bizarre Behavior, and Backstage Antics

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve Kent was a producer at SB the same time JFP was there. I read that Mary Frann (Amanda Peters) was good friends with Susan Hayes when both were on the show. I believe both Susan and Bill have always been tight with Kristian Alfonso and Peter Reckell.

Yes, according to Elissa Leeds (one of many Hope Bauers), neither Don Stewart nor Melinda Fee were well-liked at GL. She said they were both mean and cruel, and that Don Stewart often showed up not knowing his lines. But she did have nothing but good things to say about the other cast members, as at the time she was the only kid on the show and many of them took her under their wings. Her best friend of the cast was Frannie Myers (Peggy) and Elissa said that she absolutely adored Charita Bauer and Theo Goetz.

• Members

It seems like there has been some stabs taken at Ken Corday in the past, but can't recall anything specific. I watched his archive interview.

I remember hearing a lot of crap back in the day with Robert Kelker Kelley at Days even though I wasn't watching that show.

The tabloid fodder when Terry Lester bashed the Bells about making Lauralee the center of Y&R was hilarious.

Deidre Hall has always had a lot of off the wall stories written about her.

I have heard some conflicting stories about John Conboy. Some people loved him, some people hated his guts. I have read he has dated/had affairs with several soap stars.

• Members

By "problems" are you refering to his habits of hitting about every single female co-stars or specifically about hooking up with underage Myriam Parrish?

While he went on to marry MP and is still with her, the affair was kind of gross. I have heard that AS' parents didnt want their daughter anywhere near RKK by the end of his run on DAYS.

• Members

I saw posted somewhere that Bill Bell killed of the character of Jennifer Brooks on Y&R in the late 70's because he had problems with the actress Dorothy Green. I wonder what that was all about ? I found a old 1977 Google newspaper article where she was going to be killed off and Dorothy said Bill Bell was always making the women on the show victims.

I know that Macdonald Carey of Days admitted to being an alcoholic. I wonder how much it affected his work and his co-stars felt about it.

When David Hasselhoff was cast as a replacement for William Gray Espy on Y&R as Snapper, he couldn't act at all. Jeanne Cooper had to work with him to help him learn his lines etc......He also got hate mail for a couple of years. One woman wrote " You are not Snapper and everytime you show up on screen I want to vomit and climb the walls"......LOL

Wings Hauser was always an odd ball. He trashed Y&R after he left it and said he would never do a soap again and said soap actors complaints about it being hard work was crap (he did return for Liz's death a few years ago). I wonder what Melody Thomas Scott thought of working with him ? He played her first husband Greg Foster and she never mentions him at all in interviews.

I remember reading Melody Thomas Scott was very close to Roberta Leighton who played her sister Casey on Y&R then in more recent years had a falling out with her. I then saw a Q&A with Melody on youtube and Roberta stood up in the audience and surprised her.

• Members

I ALWAYS wondered why roberta leighton was never brought back (except this one time) once she was written out.

And i have not heard anything but i am convinced there had to have been bad blood between the actors who played Andy and Farren. It seems their last story was written in a hurry to write them out. How long until Steven ford was written out after Farren left with her forgotten husband?

• Members

As do I.

Wings Hauser was also supposed to have been a terror on Roseanne, which I believe is why his character's family, the Conners' new neighbors the Tildens, were written out en masse after a lengthy introduction.

Archived