Major families you disliked

• Members

Yaass! Those were my stories too. And don't forget about Joan Collins coming in playing Alexandra and the infamous Ex-Wives Club episode! That had to one of the best episodes on GL in the show's last few years. I didn't care too much for Reva's time travel story but it didn't bother me as much as it bothered many. It was OK. Not great but OK.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They didn't bother me personally but I know a lot of people hated the Carlino clan on Another World. Especially hardcore Jake and Paulina fans. I didn't hate Joe but I didn't care for him. He was a chauvinistic pig though. Sofia was alright too, but I just hated how she was the modern day soap "Mary Sue"--naive, clueless, righteous, and saccharine. Plus, I was team Maggie, so that didn't help. I did grow to like Sofia though when she was paired with Matthew. She annoyed me opposite Nick.

• Members

Yeah, Remy was the one who Nick was with when AW ended. I don't know if Sofia would have stayed with Nick had Dahlia Salem stayed on, but I didn't like them together. I think they brought out the worst in each other. I know that when Sofia was involved with Matt, it was Jeff Phillips' Matt initially. Did she still have any interaction with the character when Matt Crane came back, or was she already off the canvas by then?

• Members

I think she did interact with Matt Crane's Matt if I am not mistaken. I might need to look it up, but I think Sofia was being written off when Matt Crane reprised his role, so they might've interacted at the end of her arc/exit. Because I think after Sofia left is when they tossed Matthew into Lila's orbit. Correct me if I am wrong....

ETA: Never mind. Sofia left in Nov '98. Matt Crane came back the following month towards the X-Mas episode.

• Members

Oh God, Jordi and his pec implants..made Carmen look like a boy!

I didn't like the Santos but there was germ of a good idea in them, as the Spauldings as the main provokers in SF was getting old, and they had assilmilated so much with other SF families. An family of "outsiders," especially ethnic ones were a good idea, but as is usual with Rauch'e GL, it was too over the top and unbelievable. I also would get a laugh out of Carmen's countless attempts on Michele's life and since Carmen was so non-scary, all Michele would do is pout and stamp her foot. The Winslows sucked more then Prince Eddie at Inferno's (or as Carmen would say, EN-FUUR-no") Glory Hole.

But the family that I hated the most then those fly by nights was the annoying Coopers. Harley and Frank were Nola and Tony all over again, but when Justin Deas came on the show to eat it whole...but later when Wheeler came on and they became the new Bauers..gagggh, I HATED that family!

• Members

The Coopers were awesome right up to the minute that damn Buzz showed up. And Frank and Harley remained awesome for a little while after that. I liked Lucy, but she was no Harley. Hell, post 1993 Harley was no Harley.

I HATED the Santoses, every last one of them except for Father Ray. I'll never forgive them for making me hate Michelle Bauer (something Rebecca Budig somehow never quite managed).

The sister act of Reva and Cassie really grated on my nerves, those self-righteous shrews.

Archived