Major families you disliked

• Members

I've never heard that, but that means nothing. I've never been able to figure out why TIIC grew so enamored of Pinson that they revamped and whitewashed Janet so completely and then moved her into Carjack's orbit. Ugh...I can still hear that voice in my head. Pinson is probably a nice person---but I loathed everything about Janet.

It wouldn't surprise me if TIIC simply decided Katie needed further rehab. Some of the perky luster evaporated after she shrewishly drove Simon and Mike out of town. Having Jack cheat on her got her some sympathy, but there was a major split in her fanbase. As much as Branco tried to sell Bratie as God's gift, it wasn't nearly as popular as either Skatie or Matie.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes! :lol: Psycho Carmen, Michelle/Danny, Tony/Marah.... wub.png I didn't care too much for Pilar or May Marisi, but 93-04, Guiding Light was my show! Especially 1999-2003. tongue.png I might be the ONLY person on this earth that loved San Cristobel. I loved everything about it. From Cassie/Richard's wedding to Beth getting involved with Edmund to the earthquake. I loved every second of it. happy.png The era had it's duds but it was still watchable. More watchable than those Peapack years....mellow.png

• Members

GH:

The Eckerts. The only one worth any screentime was Nancy the evil ex wife. They all ate the show for a while there.

The Corinthos Clan. This extended family devioured GH for a good ten years, and even extended family members like Ric and Alexis were horrible.

The Clays. Silas, Nina, Kiki, Rafe...a complete waste of time

• Members

Most of that time of RH isn't on Youtube.

All the Holden love - eh. He was the one Snyder I never liked (until the awful Caleb recast, anyway).

The worst for me were the Santos' on AMC. I wanted someone to throttle every one of them but the mother and Julia.

• Members

James and Nate and even Eddie and GL lesbian mama whose name I forget, did not bother me in and of themselves, but I detested Bobby Ford and resented that a family was built around him. Killing him off was to me the one and only act of penance RC extended to the fans of a show he head wrote. And even then, there were plenty of dodo fans who loved Ford and he would have been perfectly in his right to let him live. My thing is, an unfavorable character can be brought to light if the circumstances are right. And in the case of Bobby, they never were. It has to run deeper than an actor's looks. If there's an undeniable talent and gravitas, that's one thing. But hammering a square peg into a round hole just because you want to keep a body on your canvas, that just won't work. Especially when you lack the finesse of a skilled writer who can make such a move look effortless and organic. It was oh so transparent in the case of Ford and the family built around him.

• Members

Ya know, had I known what the show would've eventually become, I *totally* would've stuck through it. I tuned out in the fall of 2000 and didn't pick it up again until summer 2002. But I know I missed out on some good stuff (The earthquake, Beth/Lorelei, Alan/Olivia, Ross/Blake/Tori). And as absurd as it was, I totally liked what little I saw of Reva's time travel story (don't hit me, people!) smile.png

• Members

To be fair, Caleb had to be recast after the actor died. The Snyders had some great moments - particularly Meg (original), Holden, Iva, Ellie and Caleb. Seth, ugh!!! what a dolt! Emma - I could've done without, but I like KW and she had some wonderful "mom" scenes. The Snyders were key to ATWTs rebound in the 80s because we finally had a family that wasn't rich, educated and bland. As far as JH, he was severely underrated as an actor because of his looks - he has a very natural acting style and was a trooper playing second-fiddle to MB.

Archived