The SOC refugees thread.

• Members

As Angie (Dragonflies) said. "I think we need a separate thread for this" biggrin.png

I've been here years before I got banned on there. But, it's really good to see some posters from there around here again.

That place was insane. Not even being able to speak your mind. SON is so much better. Toups and Errol and the rest of the mods make this a great place.

So, hola to all the ex-communicated (Smirks' word for it. Not mine) smile.png

What was your all's usernames over there and why were you banned if you don't mind telling?

I was we.are.clouds (which, I used here until about a year ago too) I got banned for telling a leaving member my Twitter address. Somehow that was making trouble. LOL.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I first joined SOC when it was a cascading board. It was so much fun. There were a lot of great GL posters at the time and those same posters posted at the GL board which no longer exists I think. I miss those posters.

• Members

I'm still over there. Been banned twice and there's still much craziness. Same name as this one. I ain't got nothin to hide.

Funny story: I totally happened upon a clique of the crazies trashing me in one of their profile spaces by accident. Greatest laugh EVER.

• Members

I joined back in 2007 and it was the first soap board I ever posted at. There was off topic posting still at the time. And, we used to have some fun late night chat sessions.

And, hi Katie. I remember you over there. :) Also. That is pretty funny. Though, I probably would have went off at them. My temper is horrible.

• Members

I think RoseVioletDaisy(posted mainly on the GL threads) was also a poster on SOC and also posted on the GL board website. He posts on here on occasion. He has some really intelligent posts.

• Members

Yeah. I remember him and I see him around here sometimes. Nice guy. smile.png

Think I posted on every board over there. Except the DAYS/Passions/International soaps ones. But, I mainly stayed on the GH/AMC/OLTL boards.

I remember not too long ago. Probably about 1 1/2-2 years that someone who was a popular poster on the GL board passed away. I cannot remember who it was though.

• Members

I use to be good friends with a GL poster at SOC named IndiaFan. He just loved India ...he was a big fan of hers. I miss him. Our mod at SOC was mean...it was gardnerjill....ugh...lol...

She was mean Graham...lol...she always warned us for stupid stuff...lol

• Members

I started lurking/posting there in I think 2009. Somewhere around there. My name was... AlexElizabeth. Shocking. I lurked for months and then finally joined and started posting because I wanted to talk about Luke and Reid on ATWT. I eventually migrated over to the OLTL board too. I don't think I ever posted outside of those two.

I just stopped posting there once OLTL went off the air. Since I only posted on the ATWT and OLTL boards and both shows were gone there wasn't much point in sticking around, plus half the people there were so dumb and aggravating.

Some of the rules and mods there... lawd. I remember one time a mod edited my post because I called John McBain "McBatman." Like really? Whatever. And I got an infraction once for "disrupting the conversation" or some nonsense. I don't even know. But I'm glad I don't post there anymore because it sucks.

• Members

I think that the Y&R mods are the worst IMO. You better love Michelle Stafford/Phyllis/Phick or Shadam (as that's a pairing that'll keep Nick from Sharon according to hardcore Phick fans), and you better not dare love VR/Drucilla. And don't even think about sticking up for her. You're excommunicated instantly. You'll try and log on and realized you're banned for two weeks or more.

Only boards that I didn't have much trouble on were the P&G soaps, OLTL, and DAYS.

AMC, B&B, & GH boards were horrid over there too if you didn't love the populous' main couples (i.e. Zendell/Rylee for AMC, Tridge for B&B, and CarSon/JaSam for GH. If you loved Liaison & Sam/GV's Lucky or despised Saint Lulu, you were targeted instantly.

• Members

I'm shocked to hear SOC still exists. I left there 4-5 years ago. For a while they had "social groups" and I kept posting in a couple of those as a way to keep talking with the posters I'd grown to like. Once those vanished, I never looked back.

Archived