The SOC refugees thread.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds like a certain other board which I won't mention here. If you like certain actors or characters you're treated like crap. I love coming here because we can agree to disagree without being jerks about it. :)

• Members

Thinking about it, towards the end of TSJ's run on OLTL, the Blair v. Tea wars was getting nasty over there too. And don't get me started on the TnB v. Tangeline wars on that board. As a Tangeline fan, that was one of the few times the OLTL board repulsed me. Their love for Nash/Jess made me sick too. But I can say that the OLTL board was united when it came to our hatred for Gnatalie, Gigi, and the Fords (well Ford and Nate mainly. Most of us liked James).

I don't remember any drama on that GL & ATWT boards. We tended to be united; especially, when both shows were cancelled. I can remember being on the GL board on April 1st then the announcement was made that GL had been cancelled. Many of us didn't believe it for the longest until CBS finally grew a pair and made an official statement. We were crushed. Some of the saddest moments on that board, especially, for older posters that only watched GL and were giving up on soaps after it went off the air. Same with older ATWT fans too. I remember many of us bawling and sharing it on the board during the final episode of ATWT. That episode was probably the last time I posted regularly on that board. Some of the few good memories of SOC....

• Members

I posted there as MissLlanviewPA a lot in 2011/early 2012 before I discovered SON and TWOP. I actually met AlexElizabeth and cassadine1991 over there! And I remember Selena (Golden Duck) from there, too. smile.png

I was pretty much gone shortly after OLTL finished, though. And now that TWOP is gone (RIP), where I posted as UseYourIllusion (GNR fan right here! biggrin.png), I have migrated to previously.tv with a bunch of other TWOP refugees (I just go by UYI there--I was too lazy to actually spell it out again laugh.png).

• Members

SOC After Dark...or something like that. That's why they eventually made groups. I used to run that group. GREAT times. Back when SOC was more of a community and less just random groups of anxious fangirls casually baiting each other....although there was a lot of baiting at that time, just people weren't in denial about it.

• Members

I never got involved with SOC's boards much beyond the occasional lurk. I just found something about the place to be particularly uninviting (although, God help me if I can pinpoint it).

• Members

I posted there as matthewson. My boyfriend/fiancee loves being called Matty and Matthewson so there you go! I remember a couple posters here from SOC. The boards there were ridiculous. I mostly just posted on the OLTL boards but I obviously posted less and less after OLTL went off ABC. No one could speak proper English and there were a lot of crazies! I never got banned but I was warned for 'actor/actress bashing'. I'm so glad we can speak our minds on SON and be more objective for the most part.

Archived