Y&R: June 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agree. Way too much recasting on Y&R. Add to that weak storylines (replace SA and JP!), lackluster production and poor decision making at the top (JFP) and this show continues to limp along. When will Sony and CBS wise up, make the changes where they need to be made: behind the camera not in front of it.

• Members

Agreed on all of this. I just don't think Sony/CBS actually think there's a problem. That became very clear when they kicked out all of Bell's team & allowed the show to go through a complete change in tone and look the first chance they got. It's clear they want this show, the #1 daytime show, to emulate ABC shows because... um... I don't know why. So I don't think they will ever feel differently about it.

• Members

TPTB trying to play both sides of the fence. They just HAVE to tell this story with Neil/Hilary versus Lily but Devon/Hilary have all the chemistry. Fantasies are their way of having it all. I am sitting back waiting on the next Hevon fantasy. I bet it is Hilary's this time.

• Members

I don't know why Y&R think they can get great ratings in the younger demos when every lead on this show is middle age or older. I don't care how much like an ABC soap it is, I predict this current formula is not going to work well at all.

I hate everyone in that show hogging quad.

• Members
I got this from another board

*young and the restless 2014

This is supposed to be the future of the show. The show is called The Young and the Restless. Your de-aged vixens arent the young ones. Make us care about Abby (Melissa Ordway). Settle Summer's (Hunter King) paternity once and for all (she should be Jack's). You've got Camryn Grimes back. Figure out Mariahs backstory and stop putting it off. Why on earth is Max Ehrich (Fen) on recurring? Give this kid a storyline that doesnt have him steal pills from the hospital. Where is Lauren's (Tracey Bregman) other son Scotty? And please give Noah Newman (Robert Adamson) something to do. Victor Newman's grandson should have been raised to hold down a job that wasnt behind a bar.

Archived