Y&R: June 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My only issue with CK at this point is that she still looks so young. How are they ever going to SORAS the twins, which I think would be pretty good for the show? Not right now, but certainly in a couple of years it'll be time to age up Faith, Mattie, Charlie, and Reed. It's really hard to imagine CK as the mother of teens at this point, although I suppose shows have done worse. Cady as grandma to a 16 year old on AMC, for example. Still, I'm not up for a recast by any means.

• Members

Understandable and I realize that; however, I also see a small margin of people, preferably people on our board, that loathe CK's Lily. For the most part, CK/Lily is one of the more popular characters on that show.

Why? IDK.

But whatever floats the boats of the people that like her interpretation.

And people will always cry for a Dru return. They have been for the past 7 years. She was that important to Y&R.

I just want Lily gone because she's a righteous b*tch that plays victim and it's annoying. If they wrote Lily as a b*tch that owned it, then I would be fine.

• Members

But Lily does own her bitching. Always has IMO. She is spoiled and self entitled. And everyone knows it, including her. Her daddy raised her to be just that.

For Lily to be so popular, I damn sure can't tell by airtime and story. That bothers me.

• Members
Some fans want CK to replaced because they think she's a mediocre and limited actress, the reason behind the polarizing Lane pairing, and another more talented actress could take the character in another direction. The same rational is used by those don't want Amelia Heinle as Victoria.

• Members

Tired of the complaining about CK. She does fine with the role, and I find her much more tolerable as a bitch to Hillary and having an edge. IMO, Davetta Sherwood never fit in as Lily. Y&R needs MORE characters with an edge, if you ask me.

• Members

Totally agree but at this point, I just want Lily dead. The writers won't allow the character to shift or grow, and she'll always play the victim role (like Victoria too) and she can go. Send the "victim" to those pearly gates already.

Well then you're posting on the wrong board because majority of the board wants CK replaced because she is mediocre and lacks edge. And Davetta was perfection as Lily IMO. She played Dru and Malcolm's daughter to a "T."

• Members

It doesn't matter who plays lily, TPTB will never allow that character or anyone else with color in their skin to be more to or on the show. Neither her nor her MBA having 20 plus years onscreen business experience father or her billionaire brother will ever be allowed to be more than what they are. A new actress won't change that.

Archived