June 9, 201412 yr Member Returned? If Olivia were a white actress she would have never left and would have been married to Brad, Jack, Paul, Victor, Tucker, and had a child with at least one. Phyllis is gone but her sister was the show's lead for a year and still around eating the show with her dull stories. I always wanted Olivia and Jack to be paired. At this point, she is exactly what he needs. A woman the audience already knows and so they can stop focusing on his love life. Settle him down. They could even play up a rivalry between step brothers Kyle and Nate. I know this will never happen. This show could use a core/connected black actress in the over 40's age group. Maybe if she had been around all these years, Neil's revolving door of AA women may not have been quite so appalling to the audience.
June 9, 201412 yr Member They could've easily found a handsome, charismatic male to play Malcolm successfully. Only Darius McCrary, though, made sandwiches good enough to make TPTB's eyes mouths water. Edited June 9, 201412 yr by Khan
June 9, 201412 yr Member They should've paid Lamman Rucker anything it took to be the Malcolm recast. He would've been perfection.
June 9, 201412 yr Member Or Christian Keyes, who has popped up in 2-3 of Tyler Perry's godawful plays, along with a boatload of indie Black movies. Edited June 9, 201412 yr by Khan
June 9, 201412 yr Member I always assumed that real andrews would turn up on yr at one point. And i think he would look good with tonya lee williams
June 9, 201412 yr Member I would take Christians Keys looks over Lamann Rucker for the role. He is closer to Shemar Moore. However, LM would have been perfect as a grey character and rival to Neil. He could have played someone totally new. They should have brought him on as a love interest for Dru when they were toying with Neil and Carmen Mesta. Just for the record, I am still bitter about the death of Thurgood Marshal Travers.
June 9, 201412 yr Member However, LM would have been perfect as a grey character and rival to Neil. He could have played someone totally new. Yeah, like someone Neil went to college with, or even "ran with" in the same neighborhood. Edited June 9, 201412 yr by Khan
June 9, 201412 yr Member I always assumed that real andrews would turn up on yr at one point. And i think he would look good with tonya lee williams He auditioned for the role of Barton Shelby, Leslie's husband, but lost out to Terrell Tilford
June 9, 201412 yr Member Yeah, like someone Neil went to college with, or even "ran with" in the same neighborhood. YES! Loving the idea of someone from his old neighborhood just because we know next to nothing about Neil before he showed up on screen. Wouldn't it be something if Neil was in some street gang and sold drugs to help his mother pay bills. He left this friend out to dry and the guy ended up serving time while Neil got his scholarship and a second chance. No one would ever believe that. LOL. But LM plays a cut throat businessman so well and looks so darn good in a suit that I think i prefer the angle of the fraternity brother from his college days. A person of whom Neil was always jealous
June 9, 201412 yr Member I dont remmeber the name of the character he played on atwt but i remember liking him with Barbara ryan. Edited June 9, 201412 yr by cuzIsaySo
June 9, 201412 yr Member But LM plays a cut throat businessman so well and looks so darn good in a suit that I think i prefer the angle of the fraternity brother from his college days. Exactly. And he never got over the fact that his wife, now deceased, never got over her first love, Neil.
June 9, 201412 yr Member Then no offence but jfp has to be on crack Not really. I think it depends on what the role is going to be. If they are going to do a quad then that was a better choice. Neil is already seen as too old for Leslie and Hilary, Barton being older then him would make it even worse. Now if he is going to be Hilary's dad and they were bringing back Olivia then yeah, I would have preferred RA.
June 9, 201412 yr Member Exactly. And he never got over the fact that his wife, now deceased, never got over her first love, Neil. I am liking it. He needs to have a son that is an even darker shade of grey to rival Devon for Hilary and, at the least, try to sleep with Lily while succeeding with Abby, Mariah. We will be left to speculate on whether the son is Neil's or not. I intentionally chose a son instead of a daughter because I just know that TPTB wouldn't be able to resist sticking her in Neil's bed too. They come to town because they are attempting to sell their products in Fenmore's.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.