GH: Casting Michelle Stafford

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's only four soaps left so there's going to be more transplants from soaps. I remember OLTL fans complaining about GL transplants, Y&R fans are complaining about AMC transplants and of course the complains about the OLTL 3 from some in the GH fanbase.

• Members

It's more noticeable now because of how few soaps & GH are left. However, the OLTL 3 on GH were brought on as pets with no real SL purpose (but that's the entire show these days) and envisioned with 3 love interests to make them relevant. It's not like YR and Burton where they had a LT plan for this character. Nikki's son as well as Ian/Paul's and they have yet to back pedal or change it every 3 days like GH does with Kaka, FrankenTodd and Silazzzzz.

• Members
I agree with you about the OLTL 3 but the way they connected Burton to Nikki didn't make sense according to long time Y&R viewers. They said there was no way Nikki was pregnant during that storyline. Other than Dylan does fit Y&R better than the OLTL 3 is over at GH.

• Members

I hated it on OLTL, but most the GL/ATWT actors who came to OLTL were actually reprising roles they'd formerly played on the show. Zimmer and Tognoni were both part of OLTL history. And Degnan was a recast (that failed pretty miserably IMO). Terri Conn was the only one I can recall who was playing an entirely new character, and I actually liked her best of the four. And with the exception of Tognoni's Kelly Cramer (who was everywhere for her tenure) most of them weren't really eating the show, and their characters actually served story IMO. So it didn't feel like the invasion of the newbies the way the OLTL3 Takeover did on GH. It wasn't like they just stopped writing for the characters we loved and made the newbies the center of the show. (except for the sonf**ker

• Members

haters gonna hate, but tbh I'm glad MS was hired on GH... It's been AGES since GH had a woman w/ enough clout and acting ability to take center stage on that stupid show. GH has been a 'man's world' for so long, it will be a much needed change of pace to see a female character not pander and be bent to some man's will.

MS most certainly does not play that. LOL

• Members

That doesn't fly. Michelle is a nasty bully, and if she feels the slightest bit of intimidation by any actress at GH, their lives will be a living hell. Hopefully, no one will be made to kiss her ass in hopes of keeping their job.

GH didn't need another cast member, and it certainly didn't need this red headed beast. Hopefully, that disgusting bitch will keep her saliva in her mouth!

Roger, Michael and Maura did nothing for GH, and neither will Staffordshire!

Archived