GH: Casting Michelle Stafford

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Vee already said this, but I'm not worried about backstage antics. I don't think Frank tolerates it and will shut it down in a heartbeat. He's already had to address this with some of the current actresses already on the show, and they cut it out with barely a whimper. And no matter how much a diva people make MS out to be, she had her supporters backstage as well. I think the environment on Y&R is much different than GH and I blame Eric Braeden more than anyone for that.

• Members
I believe that the big fit was over SJB and I don't blame her. It wasn't announced she wasn't Carly. LW likely just heard SJB was returning. They did get along tho, from what I've heard.

As for stafford, I don't have much of an opinion one way or the other but I sure do love the way she makes y'all act.

• Members

Don't think LW would need to be pressed about that. However, SJB possibly returning was in LW's initial contract. In black and white, it was stated that should the role not work out (SJB returned), a new role would be created for LW at her same pay rate. If she was pressed, it would have to be that she lost her role and found out the wrong way, but that wasn't the case at all.

• Members

Even after the way he was canned? Yep! Sounds like something FrankenRon would do! Matters not who is cast. If the writing sucks, and it does, the show is going to tank AND be passed up for awards.

First the WGA and now the Emmys have told GH the show is not worthy of an award. JFP never had this problem.

• Members

And that's saying something. As inconsistent and controversial as JFP's shows can be, even she can pull together an Emmy reel that scores with the panel. Plus, the Daytime Emmys are a colossal joke, but even they won't go near Frank and Ron's [!@#$%^&*]. That's saying something, too.

• Members

That says quite a bit! I posted something similar to this on Twitter. How can something so outdated and biased known for handing out awards like chicklets still have standards? Yikes! You know your crap is really bad when not even the Emmys will have you.

• Members

No you aint replying to my post dissing my girl! Ugh! So gonna slap you.

SJB was already gone and Tamara was leaving. Remember, they had tried to get Sarah back before even approaching LW (it was Sarah who recommended LW when she quit but LW was still very much tied to GL). Hell, they went behind TB's back during negotiations and tried to get SJB back. But yes, LW's initial contract did have an out for GH but enough to entice her to come aboard. Hell, how else do you get this woman to move her family to CA for a role that 2 other actresses previously had and were very successful?

Not sure of that timeline.

Archived