GH/B&B: Sean Kanan tv guide interview

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am really bummed that they are killing off AJ -- AJ and SK's portrayal of him are compelling. Writers sometimes forget that it is the flaws, and not just the heroics, of a male soap character that draws the audience. It makes those small acts of heroism all the more meaningful IMO. And SK is not afraid to play AJ as he is and not turn him into some whitewashed, propped-up character. AJ is a spoiled, jealous, cowardly person who just wants to get ahead and win, for once, but who also loves his family and sometimes wants to do the right thing, even though he usually messes it up. Why they didn't just write him out or have him go into hiding and leave town is beyond me.

Still, love that he is hitting B&B! SK is a chemistry magnet so I doubt he and RS won't have electricity. I wish they'd play out some of the beats between Deacon and Brooke, though -- that door is in no way near closed.

As brief as his scenes with KM were last year, I adored the father-daughter chemistry they immediately established. Brad Bell says Deacon would probably sell out his daughter for a few $$$ and some spare change, but I was sort of hoping that Hope was the one person Deacon would never sell out, even when push came to shove. Even though he already did once before.

• Members

Didn't Deacon already do that the last time he came back and helped ruin she and Liam? I wonder if they will continue to ignore that he had a son that technically should be older than her. I don't expect to see him as it would be odd with JY as Rick around

• Members

I don't think A.J. was/is spoiled or cowardly. He was very flawed, he had a hard, tough life and he paid a thousandfold, yet he got back up and faced the world when he didn't have to, faced the pending charges against him as well when he returned to town, and eventually made his son proud.

• Members

In the early days, he was considered spoiled and cowardly by the other characters (and by the writers sometimes. Guza seemed to really despise AJ). It didn't make me love this character any less, though. He got a raw deal because his family plainly loved Jason more than him and ridiculed AJ constantly. They were willing him to fail. And that's why I have always been Team AJ.

• Members

Agreed about AJ. I really liked Billy Warlock but I still prefer Sean Kanan and his return proved to me why. He just sells AJ better. Warlock played AJ, IMO, as a sneering loser most of the time. JMO. But that's what was written, so ... Anyway ...

I'm a broken record at this point but I'm still pissed over the treatment of AJ and ultimately Kanan. Ronald loses interest so quickly in everything or when something doesn't go his way he throws a fit, and he just wants it over with. He's so obvious.

Archived