Elizabeth Hendrickson OUT at Y&R

• Members

I always liked Chloe. She was a mess but became somewhat of an under dog and I have always had a soft spot for the under dog (every sports game I watch I am rooting for the underdog UNLESS it is my alma mater. LOL).

I think that the Neil/Devon/Hilary triangle will play out in the next month or so UNTIL Leslie's husband is cast. Then I think it will turn into a quad of Hilary/Neil/Leslie/New Doctor with Devon on the outside looking in. I might not have such a passionately negative response to this all if I felt like Devon might get a chance at another on screen pairing with a real character. But I don't see them casting anyone nor do I see them putting him with one of their white heroines. So, he will be stuck with day player gold digger Esmeralda in that awkward pairing. I am also disappointed because I don't think that Neil and Hilary are being written to last in anyway. They are not telling them a love story. That might change but KSJ calling them star crossed lovers kinda makes me think it will not be that kind of story.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like, I said, I am behind on my Y&R viewing, but have you noticed a change in how the show is portraying Devon? Is there less of him? Is he being regulated into backburner offscreen stuff with Esmeralda while the show focuses exclusively on Neil and Hillary? I'd be bummed if they stopped those scenes or secret looks Devon and Hilary share with each other. Also additional benefit: it drives Lily insane.

• Members

Yes. Neil has been getting lots of airtime and scenes with Hilary for about a month now and Devon has been getting very little. But he always got very little with her even when it was him versus Jack (It seems like they just replaced Jack with Neil). But now they do long stints of time without showing Hilary and Devon together. He and Esmeralda were never on screen anyway. And they are only on screen to show Hilary annoyed or to show Lily using her to keep Devon from Hilary. That hasn't changed much.

As for Lily, I think that she will also be out of that orbit. Lane fans hated it and complained incessantly. I think that they are transitioning her to be more involved with Colin and Jill.

• Members

Ugh. Ok thanks for letting me know. Doesn't make me want to catch up any more quickly on my Y&R viewing! And Lily sidelined to the Colin story? Snore. She was so much better as the self-righteous bitch vs Hillary!

• Members

Whoever is writing Lily seems to have a good girl affliction where she is concerned. Just when she begins to show signs of life, they pull her back. They did the same thing with the Tyler connection when she started to become interesting for the first time in eons.

• Members

Chloe was nasty and conniving from jump but joining her at the hip with reformed, heroine Chelsea could never do her any favors. There's just no getting around the fact that Chloe being the bad buddy does garner plenty sympathy for Chelsea and in some cases takes heat off of her, like with the duping Dullan storyline. Chloe being the one heavily pushing Chelsea to dupe Dullan made the the whole mess her fault. Even the death of Delia resulted in more bad buddy Chloe kidnapping Connor and nearly sabotaging Chelsea's fashion show.

• Members

Nice to see that Jess Walton was 1) in LA filming it seems and 2) still looks fantastic!

I'm glad that Chloe is FINALLY leaving. I had similar reactions to her stories like Cat mentioned them. I also tolerated her for being Esther's daughter and a much needed extensions to the Chancellors. But Hendrickson has run her course; the writing was one-note - she should been gone years ago as the Kevin pairing was ill-fated from the get-go.

Archived