Elizabeth Hendrickson OUT at Y&R

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will miss EH, but I won't miss Chloe. That character has so much potential, but was ruined with the Chipmunk. I, mean, she should have been moved as far away from Kevin as possible. That pairing made zero sense. It's a true shame because I like her. I also thought she and DT would have some potential chemistry together. It would've been nice for them to have had a hookup and Chloe to get pregnant (sort of like Nick/Sharon = Faith or Jill having Billy after Philip "died"). Now if only we could get rid of Kevin....

• Members

Chloe was ruined to make her look good. And since there is no easy or delicate way to write this I won't try. I have this long standing resentment toward every white hero/heroine on daytime television. It's been going on for some years now. It seems like everyone that comes on the show can be an instant lead and get all this writing and airtime. While anyone who looks like me always get scraps. That is also why I am down to one soap and barely hanging on to it by a thread. And also why I barely watch TV at all anymore. When I was younger, things were much better as far as representation (It's the reason I started watching soaps in the 90's) or it didn't bother me quite as much. I think that the only reason I liked Chloe is because she didn't get that preferential treatment. I rooted for her. The one white character on this show that I truly cared about. And they even sacrificed her at the alter of a newbie, white of course, that they want to push to the forefront. See, it isn't pretty but you asked so there it is.

• Members

No lies told here! I'm dropping YR. I tuned back in for Hevon but have always loved Victor and Jack. When I hear that Ian is on, I will tune in, but I will NOT be watching The Winters go out like crap again. Hillary and Neil will get NONE of my time. The opp to tell a young lovers story is sidelined so that TIIC can take steps to make certain Hillary remains in her class? Bye!

• Members

The treatment of the Devon character is another reason that I am put out with Y&R. People can say all day that it is because BJ is short, not attractive, have no swagger, etc, etc ,etc. That it NOT the reason why the Devon character and BJ is treated like crap. Neil still working for these white men is FOR THE BIRDS!

I am very bitter about the decision to pull Hilary into a triangle with Neil/Leslie (possibly quad with Neil/Leslie/New doctor or quint if you include Devon) instead of giving her a sweet love story with Devon (or even Neil) like they have done EVERY white female character that has come on this show. That is what builds popularity and a fan base. Look at Kelly. She has done her dirt and now she is about to get a love story with Jack the way all Jack's pairings are written although they all flop (They moved Kelly out of quad from hell and is now replacing her with Chelsea). But people can root for Jack's flops. Compared to Neil who is getting a triangle where he looks like an ass and the woman is too young and it will flop too. However, no one is rooting for it to work because of Neil's past where all his pairings was him cheating to be with the next woman (Karen/Tyra, Sophia/Harmony). And this is no better because of how he and Leslie went down. Throwing her under the bus did not do the trick. It's not root worthy. Look at Chelsea, she got her sweet Cinderella love story with Adam and that is what won over fans. The writers do not intend for Neil and Hilary to work out and be something long term. And they don't intend for her and Devon to be anything long term either by having her with Neil first. Maybe they are casting this new doctor to end up with her but who cares about Hilary and some new doctor unconnected to canvas. They barely care about her. If it were Nate then that might work.

• Members
I've felt the same way you do at times about white hero/heroines but I know that's how the system works. From reading the various soap forums, I can tell you that Hilary is losing fans because of her pairing with Neil and her confrontation with Leslie.

• Members

It wasn't always this way. And I just can not tolerate it anymore.

Yes, I noticed Hilary is the loser although I am pretty sure that TPTB and the actress thinks she is ahead of the game being paired with "the lead". But then maybe not. MiM has not been on twitter much after she did that live chat with KSJ. I am pretty sure that she got a rude awakening from the negative response that came from the news that they would be paired. LOL. It was a resounding NO.

Which forums do you read?

• Members
No it wasn't. The writing was better than it was back then and some minority characters did have their HEAs.

Lipstick Alley, TWoP, SOC, Survivor Sucks is where I mostly go one beside this forum. They don't hate Hilary just don't want her to be paired with Neil.

• Members

I guess I'm kind of surprised by the outpouring of Chloe love. Yes, she has been on Y&R for a while, but during most of that time, she has been snarly and mean and entitled and I just could not warm to her. I don't know whether it was Hendricksen's performance or the writing for Chloe but I'm thinking EH has been frustrated for a long time with the writing for her character. Much as she loves GR on a personal level, she cannot have been thrilled with the SL hell she was cast into when they paired Chloe and Kevin. EH was never one for burning sexual chemistry with other actors but her best pairings were against Billy Miller and John Driscoll (I liked Chance! So sue me).

It is interesting reading the posts alongside those about Hilary, because I have a very different reaction to MM as an actress. Even when Hilary was being the "evildoer" I felt a lot of warmth emanating from the actress. Feeling, passion, commitment. It drew me in. And I will still love Hillary even though I am not loving this Nilary business.

I am a week or two behind on Y&R... Tell me there is still a chance of a Neil-Hilary-Devon triangle? Because I could be somewhat ok with that. I think Devon needs to have Hilary snatched away from him to realize just how much he is into her.

Archived