Ratings from the 80's

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So what's the story surrounding this. I've seen it mentioned on this forum a few times that GL supposedly ranked #1 a few weeks in the summer of 1984, but others have pointed out that while GL had surpassed GH, it was not in fact #1. Where did the misinformation originate? Did the message get twisted along the way? I can see how it would be easy to assume that GL was #1 if it beat out GH considering GH was pretty much a powerhouse in the 80s. Is it possible that GL did reach the top? 

• Members

They really lost out letting DA leave as Lesley, this was over money, right? But wasn’t Lesley kind of on the sidelines for almost three years at this point? 

DAYS has totally rebounded, but I think they had opportunity still in keeping Doug and Julie, and imagine if they could have got DA back as Susan fresh off her GH gig. 

OLTL completely dipped, I think Paul Rauch starts as EP in June. I’m not sure anything was even happening story wise outside of who Bo or Asa was sleeping with at this time. 

AMC still holding in but the rest of ABC just losing it, insane to see after following the rise. 

It’s a shame AW wasted Jackie Courtney’s return, she could have done for that show was DA had the potential to do for DAYS, at least if it was written well.