DAYS: Alum Actress From OLTL Joining

• Members

Normally I'd say that Kassie doesn't have the mannerism or aura of Eve... but she did play a character for almost 20 years that started out as Asian.. so this could be seen as old hate for Kassie.. playing a character totally differently as written or played in the past. Plus, Eve has been gone for over twenty years, so I could buy a personality change.. but she will show wipe the floor with Jennifer.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Faith was pretty much a sexist, misogynistic caricature for Bob Guza and a blow-up doll for Brian Frons, but Cynthia Preston somehow managed to play her to the hilt and made her truly scary at times. I still remember her quietly telling Jason Alcazar she'd killed little Michael and dumped his body in the lake swamp. You believed she could do it. I rarely believed any of Sonny's handicapped adversaries would or could, Julian Jerome included (Ava is another story, when she's not weeping and moaning over Morgan in Ron Carlivati's misguided attempts to give her more longevity - you don't need too many more human qualities to keep Ava Jerome making chaos for another year or more). I'd welcome Faith back, but at the same time I think she'd be redundant of Ava, and I also think it would just be more cartoon antics for her. Faith, Alcazar - both characters wasted under Guza, and characters I suspect RC would reduce to two-dimensional cartoons. At least Ric Lansing was always sick and twisted and can't get much moreso.

I do think Eve could be interesting for KDP. With Blair on OLTL, the character was spikier early on, and then she grew as a character to become more of a heart-on-her-sleeve vixen, then to a fiery mother and family tentpole - she put her family over her schemes, IMO - and without that heart and KDP's absolute devotion to giving her that and walking that good girl-bad girl line the character would not have lasted so many years. But at the same time, a lot of that "growth" was at least partly a result of writing regimes reducing Blair largely to a reactive character - either to Todd or to Victor, or to other crazy boyfriends she'd get who were designed to prop up Todd or Victor. She'd react, react, react, but KDP did it with such dedication and passion that I felt it retained a core of strength. The problem is almost no one has written for Blair as Blair on a regular basis since the '90s. The only time she'd get up to something on her own is when they wanted to make her act a fool to help another storyline. It got better on the PP reboot - they let her have more of a voice and more grit - but she was still largely linked to Todd's story. Which is fine if you give her a solo journey of her own as well, but that show ended before they could get to that step. She is not a master thespian, but she is awfully good at what she knows how to do.

Edited because the memory cheats.

• Members

Looks like I will be starting to watch Days! My second favorite actress ever! Is Days more of a female centered show like OL was, or more male focused like GH?

If you never saw Kassie on OL, she is a wonderful, multifaceted actress, and amazing in bitchy smackdown scenes.

I understand this is a big deal to people as she is a recast and that some may not like her, but wow am I exited to have a soap to watch again!

• Members

I like KDP and wish her luck I the role, as I think she's going to need t. I'm hoping she returns for Theresa's funeral or to usher in a recast Theresa played by an actual actress. Eve was one of my faves in the 80s, so I hope Kassie can nail it. She's the only Donovan daughter they need in Salem.

I like KDP and wish her luck I the role, as I think she's going to need t. I'm hoping she returns for Theresa's funeral or to usher in a recast Theresa played by an actual actress. Eve was one of my faves in the 80s, so I hope Kassie can nail it. She's the only Donovan daughter they need in Salem.

• Members

Sounds good! I liked Kassie a lot as OLTL's Blair. I'm glad she's not stuck with godawful Cartini on GH. She's better off away from those two hacks. I might start watching DAYS more now. Weird to think of her as an Eve recast though. I loved Charlotte Ross's Eve, she reminded me so much of Andrea Evans as Tina on OLTL. I think Kassie will be great.

From what I've seen of Cynthia Preston, she's only good at being the heroine. She doesn't work as a lead actress for me especially not as a vixen or villainess. She's terrible at playing a complete bitch.

• Members
EVE'S RETURN AFTER ALMOST 23 YEARS IS 2ND-LONGEST BREAK EVER FOR A "DAYS" CHARACTER

The return of Eve Donovan this summer means Eve will become the 2nd-longest break a character has ever had on "Days." It will have been almost 23 years since Eve was last seen on July 12, 1991. Eve places 2nd only to Jessica Fallon (Nick's mother), who had a 29-year+ break from November 9, 1982-August 31, 2012.

Here's a complete list of "Days" characters who have had more than 10 years in between appearances.

29 YEARS+
Jessica Fallon...11/9/82-8/31/12

22 YEARS+
Eve Donovan...7/12/91-(6/2014)

21 YEARS+
Tony DiMera...10/24/85-7/19/07
(Note: Re-written history made it Andre in Salem while Tony was stuck on the island for 20+ years)

20 YEARS+
Anna DiMera...7/10/86-6/21/07

18 YEARS+
Justin Kiriakis...2/5/91-8/11/09

17 YEARS+
Jeremy Horton...8/2/89-6/1/07

16 YEARS+
Larry Welch...12/9/85-10/15/02
Benjy Hawk...10/26/90-11/13/06

15 YEARS+
Lawrence Alamain...10/18/93-10/2/09
Carly Manning...10/18/93-10/2/09